cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import/Export Legal Regulation Control w/ One Legal Regulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a separate thread, Dhillipan helped me configure a legal regulation using Country/Country Group (config activity: Activate Legal Regulations at Country/Country Group Level) which was very helpful to restrict Sales Orders / Deliveries from a specific country to a specific country group.  In addition to those export documents, I would also like to use the same legal regulation to prevent the export of inter-company purchase orders (import document) from Country BE to any country in the world. I assume I would have to reverse my logic and prevent the export of Product 123 from any country in the world to Country BE.

What are some suggestions to leverage the existing legal regulation for both import and export control from/to BE?

For instance...

Sales Orders / Deliveries:

Product 123 cannot be exported from BE to RU, AR and US, but can be exported to any other country using sales orders/deliveries (this has already been configured)

Purchase Orders (Inter-Company):

Product 123 cannot be exported from BE to RU, AR and US, but can be imported to any other country using I/C purchase orders.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just to make sure my understanding is right. You need same kind of export check for Inter-company Purchase orders right? the same kind of check that we had configured for SO and Deliveries?

In standard all purchase orders are considered under Application level MM0A, which will be shown under Legal Control Import for Imports check. Relevant outbound deliveries will be used for export check.

So, performing export check on PO is not possible when you have this in MM0A level. There is a note available to alter the application level for I/C POs from MM0A to SD0A. But I don't think you should think of it just considering this particular requirement. But I believe your requirement will be taken care when a delivery is created for your I/C PO- Did you check that already?

But you may give a try with following settings for the same legal regulation in addition to whatever you have setup for export.

Country Group for RU, AR and US- Which u had created already. Activate imports check for same legal regulation at Country Group/Country level.

LR1

ZGRP1 --- Not activated for Import

BE- Activated for Import.

This way, your STO will be blocked when there is an Import to RU, AR and US from Belgium. I assume this is what you needed.

As you know, you will need this strategy added in your determination procedure. Just ensure there isn't any impact to the existing SO/Del level checks.

Please try this once in sandbox. I haven't checked this in system like last time. So, I am not 100% sure this will work.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dhilipan / Dave.

I've been able to get the I/C POs, Sales Orders and Deliveries to block when expected.

However, I still have one additional issue that I'm trying to work through.

In my situation, I actually have 5 country groups assigned to LR1. Each are activated for import/export control.

LR1

• All
  • ZGRP1
  • ZGRP2
  • ZGRP3
  • ZGRP4

My determination strategy is set up like
LR1 -> ALL -> ECCN1 -> LIC

LR1 -> ZGRP1 -> ECCN2 -> LIC

LR1 -> ZGRP2 -> ECCN3 -> LIC

LR1 -> ZGRP3 -> ECCN4 -> LIC

LR1 -> ZGRP4 -> ECCN5 -> LIC

If my product is assigned with ECCN1 for LR1, I can see the Selection Criteria for the Import/Export License, create a license master, etc. without a problem.  But, if I assign ECCN2 to the product, I will receive the error "No import/export license types found for determination procedure."

What are some recommendations on config to ensure the determination procedure assigns to a license type if the ECCN changes?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As you say, I think it should be quite straightforward.  The despatch of Inter-Company Purchase Orders will use Outbound Deliveries, so if you allow Compliance checks for the relevant Delivery type, the Export check should already work using your existing configuration (so there's some immediate leverage for you!).  Then you need to activate the Import Compliance check to control the issue of Purchase Orders from the Receiving Plant.

Regards,

Dave