cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having issues with SP9 and IDMUI5/IDMREST SCA files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've been working through an upgrade to SP9 and have run into two issues related to some SCA files. I'm hoping others might be able to shed some light on how to resolve them. The issues primarily focus on unresolved dependencies for files I'm unable to locate.

*Prior to performing this upgrade I downloaded all relevant SP9 files.

In performing this upgrade, I've followed these steps:

1) update database schema. completed successfully

2) upgrade the runtime components. completed successfully

3) upgrade the management console. completed successfully

4) deploy IDM user interface on NW 7.3. This is where I ran into problems.

Problem #1 - the IDMUI5 SCA file does not pass the validation check.

- it states there is an unresolved dependency.

- sap.com/tc~idm~rest~ear was not found

Problem #2 - the IDMREST SCA file does not pass the validation check.

- it states there are two unresolved dependencies

- sap.com/tc~odata4j~primary was not found

- sap.com/tc~jax~rs~primary was not found

What I'd like to understand is where the files required by IMDUI5 and IDMREST exist and how to complete the upgrade for them.

Thanks, Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is the odata4 that you need for 7.3

SCAODATACXFEXT11_0-10012140.SCASP11 for SAP ODATA4J+CXF-REST LIB 7.30 0Info1035226.02.2014

This might be the only package you need; it might be in your best interest to avoid manually downloading files and rely upon Solution Manager's MOpz feature to query your IdM system and let it track down all the needed packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Billy.

I'll discuss using Solution Manager with others on the team.

In the meantime I have downloaded this file and am in the process of moving it through JSPM.

One question I have is how long these files should take to move through step 4 Deploy Queue. I notice that the Process ID moves to numbers over 1000. Is this normal? This has happened for all the SCA files I've processed.

Thanks, Paul

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PID is a randomly assigned number once Operating Systems have booted up.

For example in Windows I have always seen the PID for 'System Idle Process' as 0.

Also good info here - Process identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I prefer to run Linux as my main OS and have Chromium using a PID of 25079, so I wouldn't be concerned about a PID going over 1000; especially when you are kicking off new processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the deployment of the file you referenced above, and then deployed the IDMUI5 and IDMREST SCA files and the deployments were successful.

Thanks again Billy for your help.

Cheers, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went through the deployment of the file you referenced above, and then deployed the IDMUI5 and IDMREST SCA files and the deployments were successful.

Thanks again Billy for your help.

Cheers, Paul

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear @Paul!  And no problem this is why we have a community.

Hopefully you also get a chance to look into using mopz to make future updates easier.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rondv
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I saw this on an install of IDM 7.2 base (not patched yet) with NW 7.40 SR2 NW AS JAVA. What version of the SAP ODATA4J+CXF-REST LIB do we need for this version? I searched patches for ODATA and can find a few which go as high as 7.40 SP07. Will that work for 7.40 SR2 (which I believe is SP08)?

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Ronald, I haven't reviewed SP9 for IdM as of yet, but as of SP08 NW 7.31 was the supported Java stack.

While you can probably install a 7.4 system, if the official IdM doco doesn't state 7.4 support you may encounter odd issues.

It may also be more beneficial to open a SCN post vs following up on an answered/closed post. 

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I recall from when I did it, you need some other files, as Billy has mentioned.  I got mine working after more than a few fits and stops.  Wish I had taken better notes, but I was too busy hacking out a solution.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Matt I do believe you were working with NW 7.31 which might have different requirements from a NW 7.3 system.  One would think it would only be a difference in the SP level, but as we all know this is SAP! 

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep! You and were most helpful in figuring this all out.

Matt