Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Easy DMS / KPRO / Content Server

former_member238852
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Fiends,

We have a requirement to configure the SAP Easy DMS integrating with ECC 6.0 EhP6 application. I am trying to understand the base application components which are needed to set-up the landscape.

My questions are:

1 - Do we need SAP Content Server as part of the SAP Easy DMS configuration to store the attachments? (or) Can we use shared file system and link it to SAP Easy Document Management directly to store the attachments?

2 - Do we also need KPRO along with SAP Easy DMS?

Thank you,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinikesh,

Find below my comments:

1. We have option to use DMS ( Storage type: HTTP Content Server) or FileSystem as Document Area.

2. To select the repositories, where the file to be stored, we need KPRO.

/Tilak

former_member238852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tilak,

Thank you for the response.

Based on your comment, We have to use KPRO regardless whether we use Content Server or not with Easy DMS.

Is KPRO a additional installation or is it part of standard SAP application and available via transaction codes?

Thank you,

Sri

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinikesh,

There is no separate installation for KPRO.  Its a t-code to check Kpro administration settings with repspect to our DMS connection.

While customising document type we need to save with KPRO ( in  DC10)  why because if you want to push your document into contentent server as well as to attch many number of documents( more than 100).

Based on customer resourse choose separate hardware setup for content server installation and  its suggested by SAP. For this you no need to buy any license. Basis team can handle basic activies like hardware setup ,download softwares, installation and initial configurations.

Regards,

chandu.

former_member238852
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chandu,

Thanks for the details.

What if we don't want to use Content Server but with the central file system?

Where can we configure the settings (TCODE's), to move the content to file system?

Thank you,

Sri