cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System ODBC connection to Hana viewable in Analysis for Office

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the instructions of how to create an ODBC connection to Hana.

I used system ODBC and when I went to find the connection in Analysis for Office 1.4.5, I could not see it.   If I create a local ODBC, I am able to see it.

I am using a virtual app of Analysis for Office

I can see all my SAP ODBC connections

What needs to be done to have a System ODBC for HANA show up in Analysis for Office?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also, if you are using Analysis 2.1, there is a different method used to connect. Quite different from 1.4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

Analysis Office connects to SAP HANA always via an ODBC layer. It is necessary hence to install the HANA ODBC middleware on the local machine where the tool is running. The HANA middleware has to be of the same bit version than Analysis office: 32 bit or 64 bit.

The definition of the connection can rely either on the local ODBC middleware or on a shared relational or OLAP connectivity defined on a BI platform server.

From Windows, make sure you start the correct ODBC driver manager (file name for the 32bit version: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe; file name for the 64bit version: C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe).

In the ODBC manager System DSN tab add a new connection using the HDBODBC32 or HDBODBC64 middleware

You can find here Step by step instructions on how to install SAP Hana Clients:

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2013/06/16/using-design-studio-with-...

Thanks,

Sneha