cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Solman ITSM configuration

0 Kudos

Hi all.

Is there anyone who can help to configure ITSM in Solution Manager 7.1 SP10?

While I was configuring it based on my customer's requirements, I was stuck on some steps.

1) Incident Search

Please see below screenshot. When I search available incidents, I want to give a specific condition in the filter, 'Status'. And currently I only use a transaction type, 'ZMIN'. However, as you can see the picture, there are tons of unnecessasry list in that drop box which are involved in the other transaction type. Can I make it visible for ZMIN only? I saw it before in somewhere else but don't know how :'(

2) Automatic assignment of 'Reported By'

See below picture again. The 'reported by' section is supposed to be filled out when I create a new incident. But my customer wants it to be assigned automatically to the ID who is creating the incident at that moment. For example, when a message processor open the incident, the system asked whether the processor wants to be assigned as a Message Processor. I want to give a same logic on this 'Reported by' as well.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Seong Do Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

For point 1). Check on "Service Desk Customizing" the transacctions that are defined (SPRO->SAP IMG->SAP Solution Manager->Capabilities->IT Serivice Management->Transactions->Specify Several Transaction Types):

Only asing transaction for "PROCESS_TYPE - 1 "

For Point 2)- Check the autorizations for reporter user:

SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS

SAP_SUPPCF_CREATE

SAP_SMWORK_BASIC

SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN

Are the BP created for Organization and for Employee? and the relationship is created between them?,

Also, maintain the identification for BP on identification tab:

creating support message field reported by does... | SCN

Regards.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luis !!!

Resolved the issue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Luis & Prakhar

Thanks for your quick & great help. As I don't have that much technical background I took the easiest ways that I could understand simply.

1) Deleted assigned transaction type in IMG(Specify Several Transaction Types)

2) http://scn.sap.com/thread/3547835

Now I have a followed question regarding no.1

I could exclude all the unnecessary transaction types but still there are bunch of possible options which I don't prefer to use in the future for example IRT, MPT related. I want to specify them to 'In Process', 'Customer Action', 'Confirmed' only. Is there any guidance which describe this configuration as well?

Best regards,

Seong Do Lee

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

You have clicked on the Status Values and trying to search as per that.

If your transaction type basically having all the above values in the status profile which is defined in the

ITSM----> status profile setting in SPRO or CRMBS02 transaction and corresponding header of Transaction type

thus if you don't want to use SLA for Incident Management so you can remove the IRT/MPT status from your Z*/Y* status profile header which is assigned to your transaction type.

Please don't modify SMIN standard transaction type or its status profile

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

I think is usefull for you create a search criteria and save the search as template. on the other hand, if you prefer not use SLAs anymore you can deactivate this status.

Regards.

Fernando.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful guidances. I applied provided recommendation and could realized what I required

Best Regards,

Seong Do Lee

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seong,

You can check my reply here for problem 1

for problem 2

you can use the access sequence setting in the partner determination procedure as on below thread

above should resolve ur issues.

Thanks

Prakhar