Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto UD to Blocked stock

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am having a scenario that my client want finished product produced using 101 unrestricted and 101 blocked stock..

I have set the two PI categories for this. One is going to unrestricted and one is gong to blocked stock.

I have 04 inspection type activated. System creates two lots for this one for unrestricted and one for blocked as these are based on storage locations.

This process works manually.

However I need to automate this process. I have tried using QA16. In QA16 when i execute i get my lots but when I set the background job for this, system is doing UD for this, it just considers those lots in Job.

I have configured UD code for this which posts stock to blocked stock in background. This process works when I do manually, But background job is not posting the UD.  ALso my MICs are not long term and are optional only.

Thanks,

Devidas Karad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look at the requirements for the automatic UD.  Do a search on this.  I believe you are missing one of the requirements.  Possibly you have the scope as something other than FIXED scope in the MIC's.

Craig

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for reply.

But I have tried with every possible combinations. No success.

Can anybody tell me can we use QA16 for auto UD for 04 type inspection lot and Auto UD can be done to post stock to block stock also.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. QA16 can be used for Auto UD for 04 inspection lots.

To carry out automatic stock posting to block, you must define the Posting proposal UD 'to Block stock' in the relevant UD code via QS51 (VMENGE04 To Blocked stock)

ntn

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you are using QA10 to set up the auto UD variant right?  You keep mentioning QA16 which is not really meant to run in batch.  I guess maybe you could, but I never tried it.  You should be using QA10, QA17, QA18 and QA10L.  These are the transactions related to the auto UD job.  Not QA16.

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your inputs.

But my selection criteria is based on a particular storage location.

e.g. One material is having two inspection lots. One for A SLOC and the other for B SLOC.

For A SLOC user will do result recording and UD manually and post it to unrestricted use.

For B SLOC which is meant for Blocked stock I need to setup a background job.

In the above scenario following things are done;

• MICs defined are optional MICs
  • In configuration for plant parameters auto UD time is maintained as zero minutes
  • The default values for my inspection type 04 contains 'Automatic UD'  checked
  • Posting proposal ID's are maintained for Unrestricted and Blocked stock

So my scenario is like this,

User will do result recording and UD for A SLOC manually

System should do auto UD without result recording for B SLOC and post stock to blocked stock.

Please guide me how could I set the job for my criteria.

Regards'

Devidas Karad

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't.  You'd need to copy the SAP program and add the sloc as a selection item in your program and than schedule that.

I'm not sure how you create these inspection lots for these different storage locations, but an alternative would be to use two different inspection types and activate both for a material.  Then use user exit QAAT0001 - inspection type determination different from variant 01 to select the proper inspection type based on storage location.  Then the standard auto UD program can be set up for the one inspection type and not the other.

Craig