cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP Analytics - No monitoring data available

0 Kudos

We have successfully configured BPMon for Order to cash business process. I see the alerts are getting populated. The SOLMAN version is 7.1 SPS 10. The monitored system is ECC production.In the BPMon setup, the 'Load BW Master Data' doesnt pull up any semantics ID, it is all blank. When I tried checking the data in the cube "0SM_BPMRH", it is mostly empty.

I checked the extractor framework in SOLMAN,all BPMon extractors are in green.

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your suggestion.I got the response from SAP Support. The issue apparently was not with missing authorization. Looks like the'Group By' in monitoring objects needs to be selected for data to be populated in BP Analytics. Once I did this, I could see the semantics and loaded them to see the data in BP Analytics section.

0 Kudos

Hi Thilip

Thanks for the update. Yes the 'Group By' field must be flagged, I'm glad the issue has been resolved

Best Regards

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thilip,

First can you check if there is data available by executing ST13 on the Managed System then execute tbi_reports (Tool name) selecting a business process and running a key figure? If there is data then please check the folowing:

1) For BP analytics , one RFC connection (MDX PARSER )  is used to

display the cube data please check if this is working?

2) Please ensure that the LOGIN/TRUSTED-RFC and the current user

for the monitor configuration all contain access to SE16.

You can refer to SAP Note 784752

BPMon in SAP Solution Manager - prerequisites -> section 4. RFC connections

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi Roland

Thanks for your response.  There is data ehen I execute ST13 in my managed system.

1) The RFC connection MDX PARSER is working fine.

2) Yes the current user has access to SE16.

3) As per SAP note 784752 verified the access for users in the RFC destination and access is fine.

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Thilip

From looking at the screenshots it appears the issue is with an RFC and/or authorizations as no data is being collected.

You mention that you have configured BPMon....but the screenshots that you added are from BP Analytics.

Have you configured BP Analytics by activating the BI content and applied the all the authorizations?

You can find the setup guide on the service market place -> https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/bpm -> Setup Guide - Business Process Analytics 7.1 SP5+

Best Regards

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark

The business process monitoring is set up and we could see the alerts getting populated. So the next thing we would like to do is set up Analytics and dashboards. I checked the authorizations for user SMTM<SID> as per note 784752 and I do not see any authorization issues.

I see data in cube 0SM_BPM but not any data in 0SM_BPMRH. All the BW monitoring cubes have been activated as per wizard. I am also able to load BPMon reports but analytics data is empty.

Thanks

Thilip Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Thilip

If there is not data in the 0SM_BPMRH cube it means that there is no data being collected for analytics and 99% of the time is related to a missing autorization or RFC

1. Are you using an Analytics key figure that is setup under the logical component?

2. When key figure is activated I assume that you are getting all green messages? Check SE16 to see that the job is scheduled - > DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH

3. On the managed system is the job running for the monitoring id? - checked job BPM_DATA_COLLECTION*  in SM37

4. Check the autorizations as assigned to the system user assigned to the RFC. remember that an roles need to be generated

Please remember to refer to the analytics setup guide as the issue you are getting appears to be authorization related

Best Regards

Mark