cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL32N - Receipt reversal issue

0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We mistakenly reversed the VL32N receipt using MIGO instead of VL09.  the reversed material document(102) is again reversed(101) using MIGO but still not able to do VL09 for that inbound delivery.

Is there any way to overcome the mistake and reverse the GR for the inbound delivery from VL09?

Appreciate you support.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

i was going through the thread and unable to understand "the reversed material document(102) is again reversed(101) using MIGO but still not able to do VL09" could you please elaborate and if possible please paste the screen with error message

0 Kudos

Thanks Manish. Please look at steps below.

1. GR (DOC1) done from VL32N for a inbound delivery. movement type : 101, GM status changed to 'C'
  2. Cancelled the GR(DOC1) from MIGO instead of VL09. Material doc DOC2 created with movement type 102.   its a  mistake, as the system is configured to do via VL09. GM status is still 'C'
  3. As we realized the mistake, we just cancelled the DOC2 and posted DOC3 with movement type 101

now we try VL09 to cancel the goods receipt but it is saying all the documents are reversed.

Please let me know is there any way to correct this.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is actually the problem that you have?

I mean, if I want to cancel a hotel booking, then I can do a telephone call, send a fax or an email, 3 ways but all with with the same result, the room is cancelled.

In your case the receipt is cancelled. So what problem did you have  that forced you to cancel the cancellation and to cancel it again with the other transaction?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

MIGO GR cancellation didn't update the inbound delivery goods movement status. Upon cancellation we would like to delete the inbound delivery .

As per the system config we should have used VL09 and not have mixed MIGO. Is there any ways to resolve this issue

Regards,

Gopi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The status in inbound delivery should be completed if the goods receipt was done.

And it is still completed if you cancel the receipt with MIGO, so I do not really see the issue.

I think that people just try to eliminate all traces when they did something wrong, instead to confess.

I don't think that you can correct this situation without table updates, which is even worse.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen, We confessed and try to find a way to correct this. looks like there is no way:(

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had seen it, and this reply shouldn't be understood as a subordination. It is just a fact and I had seen other discussions today where people wondered that they got a second material document when they cancel the initial. Most data in SAP is audit relevant. A physical deletion can only happen if it is not audit relevant and no dependent data exists. In all other cases you get cancellation documents, change history is written and you can only get rit of the data with an archiving process.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

In addition to the point highlighted by Jurgen in most of the process SAP capture the Transaction code and update the T-Code in the table so that later on it can be analyzed which transaction code was used to create the document. in this case if you are changing the status then u have to look for changing the t-code also..so in my opinion it is better to highlight this to client / management rather then looking for other way.

0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, Jurgen. Appreciate your time