Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors detected, but not showing up in the Log

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I've made a copy of "Set JavaRoleForUser&Group" pass from the SAP IDM Provisioning Framework for use in a Sync task. I'm working with IDM 7.2 SP8, back end is DB2. Repository is set and the background configuration is correct.

However when the pass is executed, I get 253 errors but NONE of them show up in the log.  I've checked all varieties of log and I've also checked in the "\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Jobs folder"

<mx:NENTRIES noops="0" mods="0" markdels="0" dels="0" adds="0">0</mx:NENTRIES>

<mx:NERRORS>253</mx:NERRORS>

<mx:NWARNINGS>0</mx:NWARNINGS>

No log exists.

Is anyone aware of a way to get this information.  Clearly IDM and the SPML connector are seeing the error, but it's not piping back to the IDM log.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any content in the job folder at all? If not you might want to check the prelog.log file in the usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center folder.

Also increase the runtime loglevel to Info or extended and retest.

Run the dispatcher in testmode and see if weird stuff appears in the console log as the job is started.

And check the dispatcher log (mc_Dispatcher_log and the mc_execution_log table if this version has them)

Br,

Chris

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

I checked the jobs folder.... No prelog.log, just a DSE.log and a DSE_log.xml.

Runtime logging already turned up. I'll check the tables and try the test mode.  Thanks.

Follow up. I don't seem to have an mc_execution_log table, but I do have a mc_dispatcher_log table.  I don't see anything specific to my job.

In the meantime, I'm directing the results to a text file via ToASCII so I can try and figure out what the deal is.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

the prelog is not in the jobs folder, its in "usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center"

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did see that file.  It was empty

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It turns out the logging was in the system log which showed me what I needed to know.

Answers (0)