Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick & Expert options missing in UI Theme Designing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

For adding a background image in NWBC Desktop 4.0, I came to know it cannot be done using NWBC_CFG table and instead we need to use UI Theme Designer. I used the T-code /n/ui5/theme_designer to open UI Theme Designer. But the issue is Quick & Expert Designing option is missing and I couldn't move furthur.

I am using NWBC 4.0 PL12.

Internet Explorer 9.

For UI Add-on, you can see the package level below.

Still I couldn't see the Quick & Expert options.

It will be like this.

I tried everything, and searched every site and forums. but still couldn't get a helping hand.

Please help me finding what I am missing & how can I solve this to set background image for NWBC.

Thanks in advance,

Namsheed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a FAQ, you need to add a Target Application in order to enable Quick theming. Any WDA will do. You might want to update to SP08 of UI Add-On before you start working on it.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a FAQ, you need to add a Target Application in order to enable Quick theming. Any WDA will do. You might want to update to SP08 of UI Add-On before you start working on it.

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I tried adding a WDA. Its getting added and its showing below the applications.

But still Quick editing options are not enabling.

Now my last hope is issue may be with with UI Add-on. From the image I attached earlier can you tell me what is my current package level. Which one is that. There are lot of UI2* and 1 UI5_731.

This is an urgent requirement. So if you think it can solve by some other ways, then pls do share with me. Waiting for valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Namsheed.

0 Kudos

You currently have SP05 of the UI Add-On, SP08 is the latest. I can't tell for sure if updating will fix your issue because I can see the Quick options even with SP05 although I have implemented all required SAP notes. It's worth the try, there is no harm updating the UI Add-On since no other components need to be updated.

0 Kudos

Ok. I will try to update the UI Add-on to SP08. Hope quick options will get enabled after that.

You said about SAP notes, which all SAP notes are required to implemented.?

Thanks Samuli 

0 Kudos

Well, applying SAP notes can be a bit time consuming since you have to consider the SAPUI5 version as well. Sometimes there are also restrictions regarding SAP_BASIS. It is easier to update UI Add-On, since SAPUI5 will be updated too. Anyway, with SP05 you should at least implement SAP note 1893358. You could also implement SAP note 1980031. In both cases a update to SAPUI5 is required. Regarding updating SAPUI5, see for reference.