SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI or Function Module to upload the meter reading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a requirement where in i have to upload the MRU(Meter Reading Units)  from the legacy system to SAP system automatically.

Waiting for your replies soon.

Regards,

Mohammed Farooq

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to create a file with the legacy reads and write a program to process each records in the file , create an IDOC and then further upload readings or process the IDOCs. Please see these answers already provided to a similar question first.

How to do mass upload of meter readings in ISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

In the heading you are query is about Meter reading but in detail matter you mentioned about MRU.

Still to upload MRU from the legacy system to SAP system you can use LSMW or BDC.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks a lot for replying.

i have to change the MRU through the transaction ES31 based on installation. i don't want it to do manually. is there any other way to change the MRU's automatically through a BAPI or ALE  or any thing else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohammed,

I assume it's production system. This is what you need to do:

First, create a batch program where you give ANLAGE and ABLEINH as input. Within the program, you need to determine the date that you want to update the installation. For each installation the new time slice on EANLH table may be different. In order to do that, you can use FM   ISU_BILLING_DATES_FOR_INSTLN which returns the beginning of time slice. Then use FM ISU_S_INSTLN_PROVIDE to populate Y_auto which you will use in function ISU_S_INSTLN_CHANGE.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Eren Adak