cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Portal Validation Error Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to change a record in MDM through the MDM Portal iViews and a validation error occurs, I get the following message:

Saving the record has failed: see log for details: (-5603328) Error updating record

There must be a way of allowing the Portal user to see the specific message that's associated with the validation rule. Can anyone tell me how to have the validation error message displayed ont he Portal Page?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the introduction of the MDM Portal iViews, incremental improvements have been made to the validation execution and reporting mechanism. Please ensure that you have the latest version (available from the SAP Marketplace).

The upcoming release (SP5) includes more slight improvements in this area.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error code you are receiving indicates insufficient rights. Unfortunately for now, the API does not always return a useful description together with the error code.

If you have access to the file <b>constant-values.html</b> which is part of the MDM4J API, you can look up the error codes. For your code you will see that the constant value representing it is RC_CM_INSUFFICIENTRIGHTS.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the permissions issue and received an equally meaningless message:

"Saving the record has failed: see log for details: (-5492608) Error updating record"

Which is the code for "RC_CM_VALIDATIONFAILED". It doesn't say what validation.

Is this all that can be done with the Portal today?