cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable negative stock posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There are mass negative stock entries in interim storage typ 921.

Now we want the system to restrict the transaction if system finds no stock.

So i just wanted to know what will be the consequences if i remove the check mark from "Allow negative entries " from the storage type ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldn't disable negative stock since your movements from your WM SLoc to other SLoc's won't work. Why?
Because when you want to post 311 from WMSL to 1000 (non-wm or other wm sloc), first you post in IM, that sets off WM actions which put your 921 to negative for the posting qty.
Then you can create TO by referencing your mat.doc.and you will level the negative quant in 921 by confirming that TO.

So your goods receipt process from SLoc to SLoc will work fine, but goods issue from SLoc to SLoc will not work if you disable negative stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mihailo,

Thanks for your post.

I need one suggestion to clearing -ve stocks from 921 interim storage type.

Currently i am having around 2K  of -ve stocks lying in 921 and TR related to it are deleted.

Now how to clear those mass -ve stock from 921 ?

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

om

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I would have 2000 -ve stocks on 921 I would write a program to clear these stocks.

And because I think it is hard to assign a bin location stock (because the material might be located on different bins and it would need a manual decision from where to take the stock) I would suggest to just post a MB1A with 712 with the -ve quantity.

And if possible with the MB1A posting directly put the stock on the 921 bin location.

If not possible the stock would go to 999 something and you would need to call the TO creation FM to transfer the stock from 999 to 921.

Regards,

Manuel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, if I had 2000 negative stocks in 921,  then I would shut off WM , take a training and start all over again.

There is certainly much more wrong than just these 2000, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Such things only happen if the training was insufficient, the process are not understood at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

as far as I know, if you do a MB1B posting which has to take stock from a WM location the MM Posting is creating negative stock. So if you disable negative stock on 921 the posting will no more be able to run correctly. An error message may occur.

Better solution would be to make the setting, that automatically an Transfer Order will be created after the MM Posting.

Regards,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manuel,

Thanks for the post.

Now i am stuck in -ve stock issues for interim storage type 921.

I know we can clear -ve stock entries by using LT01 but it is too time consuming process.

Is there any short cut method to clear the -ve stock ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

I don´t know how you setted up the movment types. But if you create transport requirements for these movement types you can see them in transaction LB11.

Then you will see the TR for every material document and you can create a TO out of every TR in this transaction.

This would be a faster way.