cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLGR - external Mail with text in the body

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a little problem. I setup the MLGR-Message as defined in the wiki.

It works fine with SBWP. There is the message text in the body. When I send it

to an external email-address, then the text is a pdf in the attachment. I'd like to have the text

also in the body of the external mail, so that the user don't have to open the attachment.

What do I have do?

Regards Ralf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

the easiest solution will be to switch to Medium 5.

Transmission Medium 5: Communication Strategy - Message Control (CA-GTF-BS) - SAP Library

and if necessary develop some lines of coding to find the correct mail-addresses and the content-stuff.

Class CL_BCS is very good documented and is really easy to use.

or another solution I found in my documents:

Transaction SO16 --> Send Mail to homeaddress. But that implements that you just send mails to internal users.

(And I'm not sure, if you just done exact that to get it to external users)

The SCN-Search brought me this one, but that is what you already got I think:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e19d4c-b72d-2d10-72ad-a38a70c2a...

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I implemented

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0e19d4c-b72d-2d10-72ad-a38a70c2a...

and it works and the email will be send to external addresses.

What I need is described in the attachment. My user won't open the attachment with the data included. They like to see

at first sight the information in the mail-body. In transaction code SOST it looks OK! But the mail will be build with the text as PDF.

It seems that the report puts the text from the condition in the body and the text of the configuration in the PDF.

Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Regards Ralf

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

did you contact your basis-guys already? I can remember having similar problems in a project and if I'm not wrong, it was a global setting for the system.

IT was something wrong with the conversationrules in TA SCOT.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

thanks for the advice. I spoke to the basis but we can't change it, because it is general setting.

I will build a workflow.

Thanks Ralf

Answers (0)