Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC General Question - Regarding Connection

alexander_tuerk2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

We have configured SSO for NWBC and we are exploring NWBC. As we are really new to the topic (at the moment we are using SAP GUI and the Portal). I have a couple of questions how to best configure connections

a) Should we configure a dedicated URL for each system and client or should we go with one URL per system and then make a selecion based on the client.

b) As we are rolling out SAP GUI and NWBC packages to all our end users pc. Where are the information of the connection parameters stored? Which file needs to be rolled out?

c) In case I reopen NWBC, the NWBC is directly login to the latest used SAP Systems. Is this standard behaviour? Would you recommend this setting? Or is it possible to change the setting that all URLs come up first where a selection is possible.

Thanks

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akashcm10
Explorer
0 Kudos

1 Yes. you need go with one URL per system and then make a selection based on the client.

2. Connection data will be stored in application data in windows

3. this is the standard behavior as you doesnt have logout button in NWBC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am facing issue in fetching the data values from ERP system in the NWBC system.

When i am doing a F4 in NWBC client, ideally it should fetch all the values but it is giving me the error "Function group BUS1001 does not exist"

This error comes when i am doing a F4 on material.Likewise if I do a F4 on batch some other FG is missing.

Is there some configuration I have missed? I have activated the BC sets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Regarding your questions:

1. You can of course set up multiple URLs per client if you want to or the user can change the client on the logon screen (if that is they see the logon screen and are not using SSO)

2. I would generally recommend that you use the NwbcRemoteOptions.xml file to point each user to a central configuration file, that makes it easier to make changes and roll them out. Be careful to make this file highly available as if it cannot be retrieved you cannot get any of your logon configurations.

3. If you go to the NWBC menu and go to Personalise you can change the setting "Hide System Selector on Startup" this will then show the system selector instead of going into the last to connected system.

Hth,
Simon