cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger:Can Split happen before BIC conversion in Seeburger

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In seeburger the usual sequence is Classifier--BIC--Split.

Can we change this sequence. E.g Split--BIC

We want to achieve split before EDI-XML conversion.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the sequence always needs to be Classifier-BIC-Split since the components are based on the output of the other component.

The "AUTO" option in the BIC requires to have the classifier executed before that, to apply the correct MainMapping,

Also the Splitter requires to have the Payload already translated to XML to be able to execute the correct split per Partner/Message

Can you explain which case you have in mind to split first and then do the EDI=> XML conversion  ?

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the answer.

We are weighing options with regards to migration from SeeBurger to B2B add on.

As both of these adapters have their own sequence of steps for converting EDI file to XML file.

We just wanted to know if a similarity can be achieved.

Also in general, any help regarding a comparison or migration strategy from SeeBurger to B2B add will be helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I realize this post is nearly a year old, but I thought I'd try and reach out and see if you had any luck getting information about the Seeburger to B2B add-on migration, as we are facing a similar decision at my organization.

Currently, we use Seeburger AS2 and SFTP and have quite a lot of interfaces built on these, so we are looking to understand how complicated the migration is to B2B add-on and if a lot of redevelopment has to be done, or if we can simply choose a new adapter and run some tests, etc.

Any help or insight you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

we are doing a comparative study between SeeBurger and  B2B add On adapter.

In B2B add on adapter, the EDI separator does a split and then EDI-XML conversion. In SeeBurger its other way round first the EDI-XML conversion then split.

Any pointers in this regard or on migration strategy from SeeBurger to B2B add on will be helpful.

We also wanted to understand the differences between EDI xml generated by SeeBurger and B2B add on. Is the structure similar or different.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please do visit the B2B Integration with SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration community.

You will find some useful information

Concerning your second question, check my blog and go to the comments section at the bottom of the page.This will answer your question.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the answer.

We are weighing options with regards to migration from SeeBurger to B2B add on.

Any help regarding a comparison or migration strategy from SeeBurger to B2B add will be helpfull