Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS in GATP

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have following queries regarding settings for configurable process scheduling :-

1. Whats the significance of the link between scheduling schema and process alias? Its written that both should have the same name. Any idea why is it so ?

2. Whats the purpose of workflow identifier linked to process alias ? Whats the triegger point for CPS for a given transaction e.g. Sales Order, STO.

Is it through workflow identifier over and above the ECC configuration for TSS activation setting for a given sales document type. ?

3. How is the sequence of the activities determined ? e.g. PICK, LOAD, TRAN, UNLD. I could not find any setting in configuration where this is defined.

4.  In scheduling schema, whats the use ofthe field 'class to determine duration/calendar/zone'. e.g. Here I see two values, DURA_COND, DURA_LOCAMDL in the same sequence of priority for activity 'PICK' ?

5. Whats the purpose of  field 'Use'   e.g.  CA Calendar, DU Duration, TZ Time Zones, PA Prccess Alias. Its in node 'assign schema and activity type' to determination schema'

Thanks in advance,

YR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://cpsHi Yogesh,

I can give few answers to your questions.

3. How is the sequence of the activities determined ? e.g. PICK, LOAD, TRAN, UNLD. I could not find any setting in configuration where this is defined.

IMG-->APO-->gATP--> Transport and Shipment Scheduling --> Scheduling Using Condition Technique-->Maintain Control for Scheduling.

Here you give sequence of activities.

4.  In scheduling schema, whats the use ofthe field 'class to determine duration/calendar/zone'. e.g. Here I see two values, DURA_COND, DURA_LOCAMDL in the same sequence of priority for activity 'PICK' ?

When you see both objects you can find so many additions or enhancements with with those values.

Also I see document on CPS which is posted by Pavan Verma in 2010 a helpful doc. Configurable Process Scheduling (CPS) Used in Transportation and Shipment Scheduling of GATP - Part 1

Thanks,

Bala.