cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Org model replication vs. Manual creation of Org. Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I would appreciate your comments about a question regarding the creation of the organizational structure in SRM 5.0. From a business and technical standpoint what are the pros and cons of doing one or the other? What would you recommend?

Based on my knowledge, I know the following:

1. Configuring and making the HR distribution model work is technically difficult to achieve.

2. Even when the HR distribution model correctly working, there still needs to be some user maintenance in SRM. Is this right? (It seems that the information has not been completely harmonized, even in SRM version 5.0. From this standpoint, the idea of SRM org structure & users being administration-free is not true, correct?

3. Since I have never created the Org. Structure from an HR model, I would like to know if there are any operating restrictions by doing this.

The only positive aspect I see in doing this is to avoid creating an entire Org. Structure in SRM when one already exists in HR. Also, future updates would need to be done in both systems (SRM & R/3). However, certain aspects still seem unclear to me such as:

a) What happens when an employee leaves and HR takes him out of the HR structure? What will happend to the documents created and/or in process in SRM?

b) Can you manually add objects (orgs, porgs, etc) manually to an already replicated HR structure?

Our business model includes a CUA (Central User Administration), so I don't worry about employees being different in R/3 and SRM.

Let me know any comments/opinions about this.

Thanks!

- Gilberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the version of your SAP HR system ?

1. No, not at all difficult for Functional persons. Take help from HR Functional team.

2. No. There are lot of options by which data automatically gets updated in SRM system.

3. Take help from HR Functional team to get ths job done.

a) The HR Org Model adminsitrator can either assign the position to some other User (on the behalf of, or can delete / change the position - HR structure as per their business requirements)

b) Yes. You can manually add objects (orgs, porgs, etc) manually to an already replicated HR structure.

<u>Also, Please refer to these links related to your questions.</u>

<b>http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700004062262004E

Do let me know incase you face any issues.

Hope this will help.

Please reward full points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Right now we are taking a decision based on this information and the company's landscape. Meanwhile, I am creating it manually.

Since we are also using CUA (Central User Administration), there was an issue when trying to integrate a user that only exists in SU01 (created using CUA) into the organizational structure via transaction USERS_GEN -> Create user from existing SU01 user.

Does this means that if we are using CUA, integrating the users into the Org. Structure CAN'T be done this way?

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto Gallardo ,

Please refer the foll notes for all the detailed info on creation of users in EBP in CUA environment for SRM 5.0:

Note 876186 - EBP 5.0+: USERS_GEN locked when CUA is active

Note 1022859 - USERS_GEN: Not able to include SU01 user in Org. Structure

Note 931570 - BBPUSERMAINT: user creation in SRM with CUA environment

Note 402592 - EBP in the environment of a Central User Administration

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

the combination of SRM and CUA is a quite tricky thing. We had several issues

with loosing roles and integrating users into the org model using users_gen.

Users_gen is the way for getting working users accounts in a CUA environment.

There was a bug which we got resolved with Note 1022859.

Thanks,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Refer to the following OSS Consulting note and all other related OSS notes (mentioned inside it).</u>

<b>Note 312090 - Integration HR - EBP/CRM</b>

Regards

- Atul