Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OA_FIND with TREX

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

trying to configure TREX to index my ARCHIVELINKED PDF files seems more difficult then thought.

I use archivelink to store document in the content server. At the end I would like to find the documens via OA_FIND within my ERP backend.

- How do I connect the standalone TREX to the Archivelinked PDFs in the content server?

- How can I create a new index in the TREXADMIN (I curently see 3 _trex-indexes)

- Based on which attributes is it possible to classify/index the PDFs in several categories?

Does someone know a guide for this? I found several but most of them refer to DMS or modules like portal / CRM / SolMan..

Maybe someone can bring some light into the darkness.

Regards, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak Kori,

thanks for your answer. Looks good so far. I was following SAP Basis FAQs: . Creating Index in Trex and wanted to create the index. But then the next question occured. I have just the PDF files in my content server. How should I create an index for these documents?

The closest BusinessObject is BKPF but this is not in the list of indices to activate.

Greetings, Vanessa

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

I suppose your requirement is similar to what has been mentioned in thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/207178

Hope the response in above thread is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)