cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Visual Composer to NWDI in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are trying to migrate Visual Composer DCs from local development to NWDI. We are using NWDS only and not the browser version of VC.

In the development infrastructure perspective it is possible to move (or copy) the DCs from local to shared. However, in the VC perspective the project is created but it does not show any models there.

Does somebody have experience in migrating VC to NWDI using NWDS?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

In order to add a local development to source control you have to use "Add to Source control" and "Check-in Activity" commands in Development Infrastructure perspective.

Please follow the step described in the following help article:

http://help.sap.de/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/de/e0/3b3daf79634f54a00a21bfa0a07147/content.htm

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

thanks for your answer. I tried it how described in the article but without success. The difference in my case is that I already have a VC DC in a local development infrastructure which already contains VC models. So I need to migrate these models (or better to entire DC) to the software component in the NWDI track. I moved the DC to the SC in the track, added to source control, checked in the activity and then created the NWDS project. The project appears in the VC perspective but without content.

Thanks,

Kevin

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

As an analyzing of this issue may require a lot of info, it could be best to use a ticket channel for this.

Thanks,

Talia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I was having the same problem and managed to do it eventually. The solution was a little bit painful...

• First you need to configure the web version of VC to work with NWDI : Configuring Visual Composer to Work with NWDI - Configuring Composition Environment Platform - SAP L...
  • Then you do the workaround of note 1474660
  • If everything was OK, you will be able to see the SC in NWDS development infrastructure perspective
  • If I remember correctly, in the configuration I mentioned at 1st bullet, it can only be done with CMS and not CM tracks. So in case you have CM you can copy/paste as you described at your post and now it won't be blank.
  • Finally, something that happened to me, if you open your model and the services(web services, R3 data etc) are empty, you search them again and drag and drop them on top of the empty ones so you won't have to delete them and create them again.

Sorry if I forget something but it was a long time ago that I did it.

Regards,

Vasilis