cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting change notice in SAP via Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our client is currently using SAP WM. We are thinking of implementing ASRS(automatic storage and retreival solution) via a third party software. SAP WM is used for creating SU numbers and keeping count of stock figures at bin level and all major decision making(Putaway & picking locations) and processing happens at the ASRS system

SAP WM contains stocks of pallets as storage units. each SU is one pallet. These SU's are generated when goods are produced and made accountable in SAP IM/WM level and then passed on to the ARSR system where this system identifies best location and places stock into available position via interfaces and also when the pallets are retrieved from ASRS they are interfaced back to SAP WM system.

The requirement is as below:

It is quite possible that ASRS system cannot retrieve few pallets from their current positions. In such cases ASRS system sends information back to SAP that the SU is not available. In such cases there is a need to create posting change notice for these SU's in SAP IM/WM and block the stocks in the SAP system for such SU's.

Question:

1. Is it possible to create Posting change notice and post stocks to blocked status at IM/WM level in SAP via blocking message received from interface from third party system?

2. Which Idoc type should be used for this scenario?

3. is there a standard FM available that can handle the above scenario and post the stocks in SAP system upon receiving blocking message from ASRS system?

If anyone is using the above scenario and can provide inputs in this regards it will be quite helpful to us.

Best Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

If I under correctly you want to block the stock at the Bin level in WM and IM.

IN that case you can use MBGMCR Message type for posting change with movement type 344 has Harish Suggest.

But my view is that MBGMCR will move the stock at IM to blocked stock. But if the stock is available in mutiple bin location the posting change will be open at WM level. This is standard and posting changes does not uses the search sequence.

Now the option which you left is that

1. User has to have visibility of open posting changes in WAM and manually they can change.

else

2. Create Custom message type which wil have custom logic with below

Call FM:BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

and Commit : BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to create posting change at IM level

if the above step is sucessfull and has open posting change call  FM : L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE to process the same in WM level

Else

3. When MBGMCR when sucessfully trigger another IDOC with message type : MWMIDO01 ( create posting change transfer order)

This should slove the issue

Hope this help. Please reply incase if I overlooking the requirement or missed any requirement

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun & Manish. That was helpful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harish,

Have you configured the Posting Change starting the process from WM?

Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Interfaces > Inventory Management > Define Posting Changes

And with that the interface may be a TO creation.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I have a query,if the stock is not there in the Bin then don't you think we need to create a inventory document for that bin and block that bin first before doing PCN and transferring the stock to Block. As we followed this route in my last ASRS related implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Physically stock is available but the ASRS crane is unable to retrieve the pallet. so inventory document cannot be created as it will post differences. we need a mechanism to block the stock so that this stock is not considered for picking bith at IM & WM Level

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

In this scenario my suggestion would be please use MBGMCR from ASRS to SAP system

Sample IDoc with minimum data is pasted below