cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Schema from VDS

Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

We are using SAP VDS 7.2 SP8. Out of the Box Identity Service is deployed on VDS to expose LDAP Interface. When we connect to VDS LDAP Interface using standard LDAP client, we are not getting the schema information for the user attributes.

Is any separate configuration needed at VDS level to get the user schema information?

Any thoughts? Done heaps of googling, but nothing really comes up.

cheers,

Henrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your client isn't suppressing that warning like other LDAP clients. There's usually a cn=schema node that contains schema information, but because it's never been a requirement for SAP usage of the VDS it's not been included. You could write a java class that returns fixed resultsets for users and groups (or a dynamic one based on the IdM schema) and hook up to a cn=schema node in the VDS configuration if you require it.

Also see

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

As I recall there's a "hook" already for supplying a RootDSE in VDS, but what exactly does it need to return? Can you provide some example data?

This is something that's long bothered me.  I get these issues from the Apache and Softerra tools all the time.

Matt

Henrik1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I assume you were talking to me and not Chris 😉

What exactly do you mean by example data?

We are looking for attribute types, attribute lengths etc.

This is to integrate SAP IdM with a corporate wide IDM system.

cheers,

Henrik

0 Kudos

Hi Henrik,

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Under server properties it appears you can select a method to create the rootDSE, there are a few delivered options but none of them appear to work.  I see entries in the operations log but nothing useful.

VDS does function for authentication and browse but searching always fails.

The help doc seems to suggest you should write a custom method, it would be great to know if you attempt this or have got any information from SAP that might suggest how to make the delivered classes to work?

Thanks,

Pete.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henrik,

I was actually referring to (Chris) in hopes he might be able to give us some ideas on how to achieve this.

Matt

Answers (0)