cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SSL support feature is not properly configured. Https is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We get the following warning message even though we are not using SSL.

"The SSL support feature is not properly configured. Https is not available."

I tried with the following parameter set to false in the MobileEngine.config, still the same warning occurs for each synchronization done. But the sync works fine.

MobileEngine.Security.SSLSupport=false

Had any body come accross this one, if so please let me know.

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

The error "The SSL support feature is not properly configured. Https is not available" will not cause any problems for you during synchronization. The reason that this error is displayed is due to the fact that by default MI is configured to support HTTPS Synchronization and not HTTP. This is because it is recommeded to use HTTPS sync inorder to transmit data in a secure manner and this is very necessary in customer production system. This so called error will not have any impact on sync but is just an information to the administrator. This can be disabled by the use of parameter <b><i>MobileEngine.Security.SSLSupport=false</i></b> but make sure that this parameter is set to false even before performing the first sync i.e before obtaining a device id. If you set this value to false after performing some syncs, the error is still visibile in either the Web Console or the NetWeaver Administrator because it would have been sent by the previous sync and these statments are retained and never purged. Hope this helps and clarifies your doubts.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivakumar

It worked. Before I added that parameter after initial syncs. Now I added before getting the device ID and it worked.

Thanks

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

check your port number. you might be synching with the port that is set to SSL

connections in the server. check also your MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Protocol

value in the MobileEngine.config file.

regards

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo

Thanks for your immediate reply. We have the right port number for http, otherwise the sync would not be successful. So I am sure that the port is correct. The parameter in MobileEngie.config is "MobileEngine.Sync.Gateway.Protocol=http", So this should aslo be not the problem.

Also FYI, the message is only a warning, and it is not affecting the regular sync process. Our application works absolutely fine and only thing we want to eliminate the warning.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

one way to check if the configuration had been changed during runtime is to check

the trace file for exception. you will get a warning on applog, but it think you will get

an error in your trace file - something like classNotFound.

it could be that your application is changing the ssl setting at runtime. do you have

any applications installed?

regards

jo