cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Windows shared file from SAP/OS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our SAP is running on IBM i series, OS400 & DB2. Now we want to do data archiving in an External device or to windows based shared folder. I am doing a test. Added the server name into QNTC in os400, and got the shared folders of windows server. but I cannot access the folders in AL11 path and the test archiving is not creating the file into shared folder. How to solve it? please help me ASAP.

Asad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

volker_gldenpfennig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

first ASAP is a bad thing for a free forum ;-(

then, it will work, when you do create the user with the same password on the windows box and the windows box is in the domain of your iSeries NetSvr. The user, that is interesting is the user, that runs the SAP system - so in the new user concept, it is sidadm.

This user needs to be either locally or in the domain with the same iSeries password - then it will work.

You can test it with sidadm logon and wrklnk - when this works, AL11 works as well etc.

Regards,

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut international ag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your reply. The IBM I machine and windows box are on same network but different domain. The <SID>ADM and <SID><nn> password on both system are same. I can do wrklnk using <sid>adm but not with <sid><nn>. But still now I cannot access it via al11.

Asad

volker_gldenpfennig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

ok, sounds like, you were using the old user concept with sidnn ;-(

But, then you need to make sidnn going with wrklnk - I'm sure, that there is a difference in username, password, domain etc. betweeen sidadm and sidnn ! As soon as sidnn works with wrklnk, it will work with AL11 as well ... not before ;-(

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Users password are same and can log on into both system. But both are local ID. Using sidadm ID I can do every thing but using sidnn ID I cannot see the shared folders also.

See the below image:

From SIDADM

From SIDnn ID

Thanks

Asad

volker_gldenpfennig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

=> there is a difference with SIDnn ;-(

Whatever it is !

When this is fixed, it will work properly ...

Do you have authorzitions on the shares, that are not allowed by sidnn ? Perhaps you should change this user to local admin ... perhaps this makes a change ...

I think, more is consulting and can only be done online ...

Regards,

Answers (0)