cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free issue of goods material groupwise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement that,say for a example there are 5 material groups.In each material group 100 materials are there.

Now if a customer picks 10 quantity of different material(for eg:material is 1lt emulsion paint ) from 1st material group i have to give one material as free(exclusion).

That free material is not a fixed one.Free one is customer's own choice from that 1st material group.

How can i achieve this.This is possible ??

Kindly Suggest.

Thanks,

Prabhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sachin and Moazzam

Finally i got some ideas,i discuss with my client and revert back.Thank you for your kind reply and help.Thank you Satya as well.

Thanks,

Prabhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Prabhu,

My requirement is also same like you,what are all the key combinations you are using for this scheme items.Because if having branches all over india it should be applicable for all the state and the free materials differ from state to state.which are all the best key combination for issuing free material in different material group.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvanashree,

I think you are talking about Free goods Determination if yes,then it is not possible in standard.

you have to go with development.Just follow sachin and mozzam's guide.I am doing so.

Thanks,

Prabhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

im also  maintaining ztable and z developments but im asking the key combination for free scheme

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking for an automatic way then that can be an ABAP modification in userexit as suggested by sachin or there can be another approach which is as follows.

If customer is agreed on giving this free material after order creation then you can create a Z program and maintain a Z table with all material groups and possible free materials.

After order creation user must execute this Z program and it will verify the invoiced quantity and if it is as per policy then it will give you 10 materials or material groups in ALV and you can select anyone. On this selection program will call create order BAPI and will create a separate FOC sale order.

With this there will be a control check that for getting FOC material customer must have invoiced main item's materials. If you enter TANN in main sale order then user can reject the main items and get FOC only.

Discuss with your client and go for the best suitable solution.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu.

Very Interesting scenario.

Suggested solution as below;

1. let the Sales order be created as such.

2. during Sales order Save (user exit save doc prepare), check if the pre-defined condition of 10 materials from a group is satisfied,

3. if yes, then show a pop-up with Radio buttons ( list of available materials to choose from - for free goods).

4. Add the selected material (qty will be calculated as per logic i.e. if 1 free per 10 items ...accordingly) as a new line item with the required Item category like TANN

5. Proceed and save.

BOM cannot be used as for BOM you have to define the list of material and also the component qty is defined.

Also the code has to be written keeping in mind that this should be applicable for a given sales area / order type and only when being manually created. If the order is being created by a batch job, a default free good can be povided or it can be ignored altogether.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

We can define free of goods material as a BOM material and user can select any characteristic value to select the free good of his/her choice (explode as a sub item). For this you may need to define a new material (BOM) and assign this material code in the free good determination.

As we know, through NA00 discount type we can build the free goods determination. Please try and let me know your comments .

If required, you can define a new free good determination table with material group as key combination.

However, if we have many materials in the free good determination list then the BOM material has to be consistent always.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

My requirement is there are 100 materials.Customer buys 10 materials and he gets 1 material as free.That free material is not a fixed free material.customer can pickup 1 free material out of the 100 material.But this can not be done with BOM i guess.Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Prabhu

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Free one is customer's own choice--this seems pretty manual to me. can you do it manually?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shichang,

Ya it can be done manually.But Is there any automatic way ??

Thanks,

Prabhu

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there could be any pure automatic way, since the requirement itself is not really a fixed rule. I believe any kind of enhancement would still require a manual process. Thus I would say depending on the volume of sales like this, you decide whether or not you want to develop an enhancement to make the process more streamlined. that was my initial question, is the volume of transactions high enough to kill the option of processing it manually?

It is a very interesting but realistic scenario you have here. if you have found any solution, please share it here. thanks