cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZMCR - Release for Development doesnt work (no change document created)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am configuring ChaRM in Solman 7.1 and I've come across an issue in CRM Web Client:

When using SMCR, the "Release for Development" works fine and the change document is created.

When using ZMCR, the status updates but no change document is created (and no errors are present)

I have a feeling this may be due to missing "Outbound Plug Mappings"?? When you copy SMCR to ZMCR these aren't copied across so it's been causing me all sorts of issues. I think I have copied across most of the ones I need but I must be missing something for this one.

Anyone know what outbound plug I need for this to work?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and something else is causing this issue?

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

How do you copied, dont proceed the manual copying which we done on SM 7.0. but as of SM 7.1 SP5, please follow the guided procedure in solman_setup. Very recently I was done configuration in SP10 release, It was very friendly, with in one click you can copy everything to the target without any mismatch.

just proceed solman_setp -> itsm-. step 2.1 configure manually -. maintain transaction types -> start transaction

if you are in SM7.1 SP5, you can use the report as mentioned below, this avoid mismatch. please check

Copying Transaction Types - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Yes I'm familiar with the copy process in solman_setup (I have used this many times). But it does NOT copy the outbound plugs....this is a known issue.

Saying that, I'm not even sure if the issue I'm experiencing is related to outbound plugs (I'm guessing it is but not 100% sure).

If anyone knows how to fix my issue, please let me know.

Cheers

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We never use the CRM terms like "Outbound plug mappings", in charm we do call this as Successor  actions and predecessor action types

Goto solman_setup-> charm-> step 4.1 make general settings -> select the action -> . make the settings for transaction types

select ZMCR -. and the status "Release for Development" check the status values for successor transaction types.

refer the blog Point 3 and Point 4, you can get some idea and get to know where to check.

refer here too

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Please check the "Define Copying Control for Transaction Types" having the below entry Z* copy

ZMCRZMHFUrgent Change

Also check the  "Define Mapping Rules for Copy Control" having Z* copy

Rg,

Karthik

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi / Karthik, I will check tomorrow!

jansi - I can confirm that if you are using CRM web client ui, charm will NOT work if some outbound plugs are missing.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik / Jansi

I can confirm I have already setup everything mentioned in your posts.

SMCR and ZMCR are identical in every way.

Yet when I mark SMCR as "Release for Development" the SMMJ is created.

When I mark ZMCR as "Release for Development" no ZMMJ is created.

I'm 99% sure I'm not missing any Copy Control configuration.

May I ask what actually creates the change document? For example, in the old 7.0 Solman there was a method called SOCM_COPY_DOCUMENT and this is what created the document.

However if I look at action "Release for Development" all it does is set the status to Being Implemented. So how is this exactly working for SMCR and why is it not working for ZMCR?

I am using Nav Bar Profile ZSOLMANPRO (not standard SOLMANPRO)...this is why I think outbound plugs may be missing from this screen:

Or maybe it's something else? This one has me scratching my head...

Thanks!

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And just to prove I'm not going mad..

When I create SMCR:

When I create ZMCR (note its not creating object id for ZMMJ):

Copy Control looks fine:

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for multiple posts...I've done a bit of testing and have an update:

With ZMCR, the ONLY difference I have made (compared with SMCR) is I have removed the Validation steps. So instead of sending a validation straight for validation, it sends straight for approval. This is working nicely.

However, when changing from Approved to "Being Implemented" I have this issue with the ZMMJ not being created

So I created a new transaction type called YMCR and didn't change anything at all. When I test this, IT WORKS and ZMMJ is created

So its definitely not a outboud plug issue haha. But why is it working for YMCR and not ZMCR...I have compared the config and I am DEFINITELY not missing anything copy control related. They only difference is the Validation has been taken out of ZMCR as the customer wanted "ONE LESS STEP" to approval. So the requestor fills out all the information the Change Manager normall would.

But why does removing these actions suddenly stop the ZMMJ being created?

Please help - I'm stuck!!!

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is now resolved

Basically I used solman_setup to complete erase ZMCR customizing by overriding with standard settings (i.e. copy SMCR to ZMCR).

I then made the EXACTLY same changes and this time it works!!!  No idea what happened last night...

Oh well, all good now.

Thanks
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

how can you erase the ZMCR Transaction type?

Thanks a lot!

BR

Beate

Answers (0)