Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Logos for NWBC Desktop 4.0

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

I know that you can add a logo to NWBC via NWBC_CFG.

What I would like to know is whether it is possible to have different logos for different users?

Some users would like to see the company logo and others would like to see a departmental logo.

Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can also assign a different theme based on Cockpits. In my experience it isn't usual to have different individual users wanting to see different logos/colours etc... but rather to have different groups of users seeing different logos/colours (branding).

When you configure the THEME parameter via /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST you can specify a Path Filter, if you put your Cockpit name in there.

Hth,

Simon

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks Simon,

Great advice as usual.

You're right, having different groups of users would be the most sensible way to do this.

I just have a couple of questions:

-Sorry but what is a cockpit? Is that a node on the node in the ICF service tree?

If so is this link a good explanation of cockpits:

help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/5bdbe497817511e10000000a42189b/content.htm

-Transaction /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST doesnt seem to exist in our 7.31 system and so I've been adjusting table NWBC_CFG. Hopefulyl that should be okay?

Thanks a bunch!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes that's what I mean by a Cockpit. What version of the UI Add-On are you using... that might explain why you don't have the /UI2/... table in your system.

Cheers,

Simon

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Ah okay...

Sorry to be so thick but how would I check the 'UI Add-on' version?

I had a look at system status and saw this(?):

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, looks like you're using UI Add-On 1.0 SP7.  The 1st column represents the Component, 2nd col is the Release level, and the 3rd Column the SP level (At least present) . See the notes below for info ...

1666369 - Support Packages for the UI add-on 1.0 for SAP NetWeaver

1759682 - UI Add-On for SAP NetWeaver: Central Note

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a very usable solution but the only one I'm aware of is assigning themes based on roles. Themes can have different logos and themes can be assigned to roles and roles can be assigned to users.