SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment Plan-- Payment Run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

by executing the Payment run for an Installment plan, comes the following error message.

Amount 34,10- EUR for document 9123456789 could not be broken down

Message no. >5251

Diagnosis

The amount specified is the clearing amount that is allotted to a collective bill or an installment plan with document number 9123456789. This amount is to be split over the items belonging to the collective bill or the installment plan by the clearing variant assigned to clearing type 20R and clearing category of the contract account.

The clearing cannot be posted for one of the following reasons:

You have not used a correct clearing variant for this business transaction.

No clearing variant could be determined.

Procedure

Check the relevant table settings for clearing control.

You must be able to split the amount over the items belonging to the collective bill or installment plan using the clearing variant. Therefore, you usually have to permit a partial clearing of these items.

The clearing variant must not use rules for automatic write-off of tolerance variances.

It is the 6th Installment plan of him, till now with Payment run- correct amount was deducted in Direct Debit and this is not the last Installment plan.

In clearing type 20R-Distribute Payment to Installment Plan-Usage 3 was used with check box for Incoming Payments was set.

1. I have no idea what caused the error message that was stated above.

2. As stated in the config for 20R-There is no payment, why did the system execute this Clearing type.

3. As it is direct debit the amount which was direct debited 34,10 is equal to IP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

This error is getting triggered from event 120 from the standard FM FKK_CLEARING_PROPOSAL_GEN_0120.

Somehow for this Installment plan record, the FM FKK_ALLOCATE_ITEM_FOR_CLEARING which is called internally is not able to export the desired output structure.

Check if SAP Note 1092114 is being implemented or not.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should verify your clearing variant which is assigned to clear

Check if you have prevented 'Partial clearing' in the 'Amount rule' of the clearing variant. Rule 1.

Otherwise, try using rule ' No amount restrictions'.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. In clearing steps the Amount rule says "No Amount restrictions." and Rule 1 was not assigned.

Here the error message enconutered with Direct debit and the system tries to the amount similar to IP aamount.

Can you please get back to me regarding the other questions of mine at the end of Question.

Thanks in advance!

Lakshmi

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

This error is getting triggered from event 120 from the standard FM FKK_CLEARING_PROPOSAL_GEN_0120.

Somehow for this Installment plan record, the FM FKK_ALLOCATE_ITEM_FOR_CLEARING which is called internally is not able to export the desired output structure.

Check if SAP Note 1092114 is being implemented or not.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your response. SAP Note 1092114 has service package 603 and we are using service pack 604. I assume that this note is already available in 604 or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

If you are in EHP 4.0, then SAP Note 1092114 is not required, as its only applicable till EHP 3.0.

So in this scenario, you can check the FM FKK_CLEARING_PROPOSAL_GEN_0120, as to why it is triggering the FM FKK_ALLOCATE_ITEM_FOR_CLEARING internally and generating the error.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Boss, as usual perfect..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply.

We are using Cleairng type 20R inorder to clear Installment plan item. Here the due IP item is of worth 10€ and I am trying to clear with a credit note of 10€ which was on the account and then comes the error message as stated above in the description.

For the Clearing type 20R-> Variant 201 was assigned.

201 has 2 steps.

1. Z01 Payment method- grouping rule 2, In which only Payment method X and Z have assignment rule as 4 with Group 1.

2. Referenz number was used.

In Group Rule there was no Amount rule and amount restrictions assigned. Write off tolerances was unchecked.

This error comes up only for the Installment plan. Either for a manual clearing of the open item with a credit note or with the execution of payment run for the outstanding items.

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi:

Based on your description, you are using a custom variant for clearing type 20R - which is not recommended. variant 201 do not have a clear anything step which is ALWAYS supposed to be at the end - otherwise you encounter the error as you have mentioned.  You should change the variant steps or revert to the standard variant for 20R.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I wrote by mistake it is 2R and not 201. We are using 2R variant for 20R clearing type. But I have no idea whether 2R is standard variant for Installment plan or not. Secondly as stated above, In 2R we have 2 steps.

In first step the combination of Z01 and 020 - Payment method and reference was used for clearing and they are further sorted with Due date, Main transaction and Document type.

If you still find that this is not standard, can you please correct me or share me some material on it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.