cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No suitable down payment requests exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have Revenue Recognition with down payment and milestone billing process.

While taking the customer down payment (T.Code-F-29) I am able to select the special G/L indicator-A (Down Payment) clicking on the button Requests and the remaining process is working perfectly.

The issue is: our FI consultant has created multiple special G/L indicators (one for each Divsion).  If I select any other indicators created by him while doing the down payment (F-29) I am getting the error message as  "No suitable down payment requests exist".

Is there any SD configuration setting needs to be done to allow any of the special G/L indicators?

OR

If there is any FI related setting to be done?

Please guide me how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is FI related settings and I dont think, from SD side, you can overcome from the issue.  Nevertheless, have a look at this thread.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the provided link, that shows different types of down payments.  My requirement is customer down payment against a sales order with a special G/L.  Here multiple special G/Ls for customer down payment are available based on each division.  But only the special  G/L indicator-A is working fine, I would like to use other indicators for other divisions also.

Thanks,

Sreehari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Any inputs on the above issue, please............

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreejari,

unfortunately it is not possible to use other special G/L indicators, but only 'A'.

The reason is simple, the indicator 'A' is used in the program code itself, it is hard-coded, see for example the code of function module SD_ACC_DOWNPAYMENT_READ:

Only downpayments with special G/L indicator 'A' will be selected and considered in the further processing, see also note 213852 for further information.

It is not advisable to change the standard coding, therefore your requirement can not be fulfilled and only 'A' can be used as special G/L indicator.

Best regards,

Tobias

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

Thanks for raising such a valid point.

By the way how you find this respective FM is responsible for this issue??

Can you provide the complete process of finding--if possible.

Thanks again.

Phanikumar

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is: our FI consultant has created multiple special G/L indicators (one for each Divsion).  If I select any other indicators created by him while doing the down payment (F-29) I am getting the error message as  "No suitable down payment requests exist".

Hi Phanikumar,

this function module is responsible in finding the posted downpayments, which then will be considered as downpayment items in the invoice. As you can see in the program coding, the search is done with special G/L indicator 'A'.

Therefore those downpayments which are posted with a different indicator - and not A - will never be found.

There is no customizing or other setting to change this, only 'A' can be used.

Best regards,

Tobias

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr Tobias for your clarification.