cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS Mixed Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am working on an application platfrom 700 (Netweaver 2004s) using the integrated ITS.

When i create a service within se80, there seems to be no impact, if i click on ITS mixed Mode or NOT before creating the service There must be some misunderstanding from my side. .. please help.

To get in detail: For testing purposes i introduce a new ITS service Zsm12 in sicf giving him the service parameters

~TRANSACTION: SM12

~THEME 99

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

Within se80 i also create this service first with the option ITS Mixed Mode 'yes'

as a result i get the preset parameters:

~AUTOSCROLL 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TRANSACTION SM12

Now i publish this service to INTERNAL and try to start it. It does not work giving me the error 'Template does not exist'.

Indeed there is no template in the object list of the service. This did not worry me before, because i read, that in mixed mode ITS would use dynamically created templates for each dynpro where there is not given him an explicitely defined one.

Nevertheless i now create an template using the functionallity offered from the context menue of the service within e80 and publish again.

Now anything works fine and the transaction sm12 is displayed within my browser.

Even manually changing this template and publishing again works fine displaying the changed i did within the browser.

Now i delete this service within se80 and create it again. This time with the option ITS Mixed Mode ''No' .

As a result i get the preset parameter

~TRANSACTION: SM12

This sems to be different first from the situation where i choosed ITS Mixed Mode 'yes' .But the situation now is the same. There is no template displayed in the object list and when i start the service ist does not work giving the same error. When i explicitely create the template it works and when i change it and publish , changes are displayed again ..

So what... beside the different amount of service parameters preset is the difference between using or not using mixed mode??

Thanks for your patience . I am really eager to get known where i am wrong.

best regards: Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

are the service parameters

~AUTOSCROLL 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TRANSACTION SM12

part of the service description as shown in SICF?

regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias ,

no the parameter settings are exactly like described in my post.

The service parameters :

~AUTOSCROLL 0

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TRANSACTION SM12

are created automatically when i create a service in mixed mode using se80.

This service creation has no impact to sicf where i have to create this service a second time. Within SICF i give the service the first three parameters mentioned in my post as part of the GUI configuration within tabstrip service data.

For testing purposes i introduced all parameters created in se 80 also within

SICF but this did nor work too and indeed i have no good feeling to introduce such information twice.

Best regards: Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tobias and Edgar,

I did some more testing with different parameter settings within both se80 and sicf.

When i introduce the parameter 'generateddynpro = 1' into the sicf based definition of a service, there is no need to explicitely generate templates within se80. This is true independently if i use mixed mode or not.

But i am still asking, what is the dfference between mixed mode and not_mixed mode within se80. The behaviour of the mixed mode with the parameter generated_dynpro set to 1 and not_mixed mode with no setting of this parameter in se80 is stll the same .

Well from an implementation point i am satiesfied.

If someone knows a good documentation, which service parameters are mandatory /usefull within se80 and which within sicf (sap help docu as far as i found does not give suitable information especially about this aspect) this would be a good information to avoid this trial and error i had to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

service parameters are maintained in

*SICF for the internal ITS

*SE80 for the ITS 6.20

Setting the service parameters in SE80 is useful for the standalone ITS,

these parameters will be published using IACOR or the file download. Parameters

set here are ignored by services running in the internal ITS.

Hope this helps

best regards Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Tobias,

i asume you are right. That indeed explains a lot.

By the way one impact would be that the different options 'mixed mode' and 'not_mixed_mode' are only related and valid for a standalone ITS because they give different parameter settings within Se80 (and not within SICF !).

i will mark this question as answered taking this ITS like it is .. smile .

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Your understanding seems to be correct. With ITS Mixed Mode the ITS will dynamically create dynpros for screens that do not have a template. The most important service parameter for ITS Mixed Mode is "~generatedynpro 1". Mixed Mode means that the ITS will look for a template first for the screen. If one does not exist the ITS will dynamically create it.

You mention though that you used Mixed Mode and still got the "Template does not exist" error message which is confusing and would require further investigation. Maybe the "GUI Link" setting in transaction SICF for the ZSM12 did not get set properly? (See step 4 in note 808347.) I would also check the ZSM12 parameters in SICF to make sure it does indeed have "~generatedynpro 1".

The Mixed Mode "No" result is correct though, as if there is no template then the the ITS has nothing to display.

More information on Mixed Mode is in the SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9f/388228ac8d11d3961800a0c94260a5/content.htm

Hope that helps.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

according to note 808347 the gui settings are OK.

By the way the value 'blank' mentioned in the note is not offered from the dropdown list of the gui link. You can choose between YES, NO, and 'NOT SPECIFIED'. I asume blank means 'NOT SPECIFIED'.

The parameter with the value ~generateddynpro = 1 is set automatically

in mixed mode within se80. I did NOT introduce this parameter again within sicf

when i posted first. I did it now for testing and it did not work (see my answer to Tobias.

You wrote:

'The Mixed Mode "No" result is correct though, as if there is no template then the the ITS has nothing to display. '

This i don't understand. When i create a service not marking it as mixed mode,

there should be no need to create templates manually according to help . All templates should be created dynamically.

Is this the point of misunderstanding. Do i have to initiate this 'automatically creation' by using the function 'create template' offered from the context menu of the service ?