cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous response to a file

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement as below :

System A makes a sync call to a web service and gets response back. This response also needs to be sent to another system (System B) as a file.

We can't use BPM. Can anyone suggest any solution for this scenario?

Thanks for your help!

Br,

Jyoti

P.S : I have tried using SOAP lookup from a mapping to post the response to a URL and then create a file. But this doesn't seem to work. I guess its due to the accessor's call method which expects a reply back.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Thanks for this reply. I was just thinking about this too. I think I will have to loop back the request message and call the service twice using the adapter module for sync-async bridge. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks for your input!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoty,

Have your tried with async/sync bridge. This kind of utility with standard modules lets your to do a scenario async-sync-async without BPM. Some adapters could be problematics (i think the adapters in the abap stack). Check the Variant 1 in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e..., pay attention to the ID configuration.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going to try this out now. Thanks for your input.

Br,

Jyoti

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Please use a java mapping code to get the response back from web-service and write the response to a specific folder(NFS) in PI directly. Have a second scenario which is File(NFS)---File(FTP). Once java code writes the file the second scenario reads and writes it to  System B.  

You wrote

"have tried using SOAP lookup from a mapping to post the response to a URL and then create a file".

Can you please explain why you are trying to post the response to an URL?

Is this essential?

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos

Java mapping would be my last option, so if nothing else works then I will definitely do that.

Its the response that I need to send back to the calling system as well as write to a file on a server.

But I suppose I can do HTTP post using JAVA mapping. Will need to try that out.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Yes you can easily do a http post using java mapping.

Regards

Anupam