cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null value for specific times series keyfigure

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a requirement to make only specific time series keyfigure null (not zero) before running APO SNP jobs in the planning book. Is there a specific macro function or functionality in SCM 7.0 that will make this possible?

Thanks,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I'm not aware of a difference between null and zero values concerning specific key figure values. For what I know key figures must be numeric, a amount or a quantity. I suppose one can eliminate the time series itself for that period or delete the characteristic combination but I don't think none of them will respond the way you'd like to your requisite.

Maybe you can share more details of your problem so that the community may suggest a compromising solution.

regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

Basically there is safety stock feed from a third party system into APO every week. Before the safety stock transfer we need to initialize the two safety stock keyfigures in the SNP planning book (safety stock units and safety stock day's) to null. This will then enable the SAP system to differentiate between the product/locations that has been filtered out in the third party interface to APO. We will be using the standard APO safety stock logic for these products and use the data from third party system for others. There is a macro in APO that will populate the data for third party system if the keyfigure value is not null and use the standard logic for the null values. I have already ceated the macro and now need help to find a way to initialize the two safety stock keyfigures before loading the data from third party Inventory Optimization system.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

as I mentioned I don't think there is a difference between null, zero or a initial value. I'm pretty sure of it.

Can you use a obscene value, like 99999,999 instead on null? Or maybe 0,001?

Another option is to use a specific new index as a flag to indicate the value came from the third party system.

regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me add a correction. You're in SNP, Livecache and what not. If the data is inserted into an infocube then there is a distinction between zeros and blank values. Blank values are characteristic combinations not created in that specific period. Zero is a characteristic combination created with the value zero in that specific period. I don't think that once you are in the livecache that distinction is perceivable.

regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for the suggestion as SAP also recommends the same in one of it's note that as of SCM 5.0 the functionality is available to initialize the keyfigure using your apporach.

But as per the screen shot below I do not see the option when I go to the properties of the keyfigure in the macro. Am I missing something? or is there some other step or setting that needs to be completed?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

To get Initialisation option, that Particular KF should be a Fixable one. Check your KF Settings and if possible change it as Fixable KF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for the feedback but we have to start from scratch if we try to make the current keyfigure fixable.

Is there any standard SAP program available in SCM 7.0 to make a selected keyfigure null as discussed in the link below. Although the program mention in the link below does not exist currently in SCM 7.0 as per my analysis.    

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3529048

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report is available in note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1676905

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi and Edgar as the note is helpful.

Answers (0)