cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway strategies issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to redesign the Putaway strategies to make the putaway process better i.e. not to overflow the products even though open bins are available and performance wise better not to take long time with huge items to create Warehouse Order ex: more than 100 items.

When I see existing configuration I found "Specify Storage type search sequence for putaway" table is maintained with combinations as follows:

1. Whse and Search sequence 2. Whse, WPT and Search sequence 3. Whse, PACI and Search sequence.

And, also in table "Optimization of access for storage type determ. at putaway" selected the check boxes in following order

1. Stock category 2. Process type 3. Putaway strategy and Process type 4. Putaway strategy

Nothing else considered. Can you please suggest me what else i need to make sure to be part of the configuration and master data(Product) level

to over come above issues?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Sridhar..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"not to overflow the products even though open bins are available "

I don't really understand what you mean with that.

" performance wise better not to take long time with huge items to create Warehouse Order ex: more than 100 items"

That is very difficult, because it depends on a huge number of factors. One thing to look into is the different settings in EWM where you can activate parallel processing.

"When I see existing configuration I found "Specify Storage type search sequence for putaway" table is maintained with combinations as follows:

1. Whse and Search sequence 2. Whse, WPT and Search sequence 3. Whse, PACI and Search sequence."

OK.

"And, also in table "Optimization of access for storage type determ. at putaway" selected the check boxes in following order

1 Stock category 2. Process type 3. Putaway strategy and Process type 4. Putaway strategy"

Why "1 Stock category"? In the list above you have not entry with a specific stock category, so why use the in the access determination?

I suppose with "Putaway strategy" you mean PACI (just see, the column is really named like that).

But why "3 Putaway strategy and Process type"? Again in your combination list you have no combination of PACI + WPT listed. So the entry leads to nothing.

"2. Process type" and "4. Putaway strategy" are ok. Which sequence they are, depends on what you want to have, what is more important to find.

Deleting the entries 1 and 3 probably changes something in the speed, but I can not quantify that.

Brgds

Juergen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As i am new to EWM, could you please help me to re-configure putaway strategies better way?

What should i consider as part of the configuration and master data level?

Thank you in advance.

Sridhar