Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting without budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Request inputs for one of my query as follows-

I have created a project and released it. Before budgeting itself, if I am posting costs against to WBS /NWA of the same project, the system accepts and posting costs. I m performing a financial posting. Also, if I check Budget S_ALR reports, I can see variance in NEGATIVE value with ZERO in budget value and some value in Actual costs.

AVAC is active for my project. I tried CJBN/ CJBV and CJEN, but doesn’t worked. Also, both CJBN/CJBV says, AVAC is not active when I run. What could be the reason for this.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

If you want system to check budget availability on WBS before actual postings and with zero budget, then implement  snote 599813 - Availability control before budgeting

In budget profile enter the activation type as "1" So that AVAC get activated once you enter the budget in CJ30.

If you select activation type as "2" then schedule "CJEN" as background job.hence AVAC will

be activated automatically for existing projects as well as newly created projects.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Thanks you for your response.

I have checked the note and found that, it can be implemented in our system. But, still for already existing projects, we are able to post costs more than the limit that we defined in our system, what could be the reason for this.

Activation type is 1 and also AVAC is active and no exempted cost elements defined but still posting, where the system is going wrong.

Regards,

Sumanth

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Check the posting date of actual cost posted on wbs, whether it was before budget entry in CJ30 or after budgeting. With activation type "1", AVAC will be activated once you enter budget for the first time in CJ30. if the actual cost posted before budget entry, then system might have allowed without AVAC.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Agreed.

But, our system is allowing excess posting even after the AVAC is activated for the project. We have tried all workarounds which I have mentioned above but still posting is ON.

Is there any note to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Sumanth

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

Check the budget tolerance limits in configuration, I think you might have maintained more than 100%.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limits are maintained properly Nag. It is 3 and the usage is 100%.

Regards,

Sumanth

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Please check the WBS elements are budgeted (system status BUDG) or not. If budget is not there against wbs/s then AVAC will not work for it.

Also, check the tolerance limit is maintained for your current transaction (PR/PO.... ) or whether it is "+" or not.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

The status set for WBS is BUDG and the tolerance limits includes all transactions. i.e., +

Is it un-usual behaviour of SAP sometimes that, it would post excess costs though resticted via AVAC, not sure.

Regards,

Sumanth

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please attach screen shot for the following:

1) WBS active system statuses

2) S_ALR_87013558 report

3)OPTK screen.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

PFA that contains all the screens that you suggested.

Regards,

Sumanth

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

As I could see from the screen shot that you have provided, S_ALR... report shows no budget against project wbs. The system status is BUDG because the budget was allocated earlier but it was removed from the WBS elements. In this case the system status BUDG will not go automatically. You have to run OPSX to recorrect the system status.

Coming to your issue, you have to allocate the budget to the WBS in CJ30 followed by CJBN and CJEN.For budget check it is prerequisite to have atleast a single digit value in CJ30 (except 0) against WBS elements.

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chec the budget profile activation of budget should 1 it should not be blank and post the post for it.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just like to clarify:

1. in your WBS, AVAC status is already active and still allows excess posting? or is the problem that BUDG is active but AVAC is NOT getting active?

2. what type of costs are you posting? (what transaction)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

1. Yes, AVAC is active but still allows excess posting. Both BUDG and AVAC are active.

2. Financial postings and PO postings as well.

Thank you,

Sumanth