Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacities planning in Work Order

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the following problem. I have one Work Center that contains 5 capacities that are supposed to work 8 hours/day. Now, I created one Work order in which, in the operations tab, I have planned several activities that are supposed to take some 11 hours of work and the job have to be done by one capacity. The system calculates the duration of work and defined it for 2 days. My question is why the system does not take in consideration the fact that the WC have more than one capacity and that none of the capacities have other activities in the same period of time. I specify that the settings are the following:

and there is no formula entered in Capacity and Scheduling tabs. Can you help me and tell me which is the formula tat can help me to calculate the capacieis requred and work scheduled?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sorin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorin,

The standard PM/CS work centre settings are as follows:

• Capacities Tab: Other formula = SAP008
  • Scheduling Tab: Other formula = SAP004

Update the work centre via IR02/CR02, then go back to the order and re-schedule.

PeteA

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Thank you. Is not working, unfortunately....

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please send screen shots of the following:

• Work centre capacity tab
  • Work centre capacity header screen
  • Work centre scheduling tab
  • Order operations tab (after scheduling) with 1 hour showing the operation dates/times

PeteA

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Peter:

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Sorin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System has provided you the option to enter No. of capacities both in Work Center as well as PM Order.

In Work center, No. of capacities have been mentioned as 5, whereas In PM order, you mentioned that job has to be done by one capacity & mentioned only one. So system is behaving in this way.

Change the no. of capacity in PM Order into 2, then try that.

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maheswaran,

If you set 2 capacities for one operation, the work will be divided, for that operation, in 2. But, what we want is that each operation to be performed by another capacity. I tried, also, with SS relationship between operations.... In that case it took in consideration. But this is not aloud. The local project does not want to work based on the Graphic/Network Structure.....

Thank you very much.

Sorin

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin

Are you using the individual capacities? (i.e Have you assigned individuals to the work centre?) If not, then SAP sticks to the work centre header level. If you have assigned individuals, you can dispatch the work to different individuals with more "freedom". But in your case, you are planning your job for only one capacity and your capacity has limited working hours. SAP "thinks" that that job can be done by one individual. So it will not suggest you to use other capacities. Scheduling tools like SAP MRS or even classical capacity planning/evaluation/leveling transactions (CM..)  have more options as it will make more visible the availability of other resources that exist in your work center. 

I hope this helps

Cheers

Savas

former_member193016
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all, is not working with even with individual capacity allocation for each operation. I have done the following - I have changed the Key of calculation from Calculate Work to Calculate Duration and changed the number of capacities from each operation. That was the single solution.

Thank you very much all for your help.

Regards,

Sorin