cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical Calculation views with multiple values parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to build WEBI reports above HANA calculation view which gets several dates in the prompt.  In CV that must use parameters (for performance reasons we need to pass values to lower CV) the only way we could find is to build script CV above the graphical one (as described in the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-42128 ) but mixing up graphical and script CV is not recommended (as described in note number 1958063). Our users need to have webi reports with several dates.

Did someone has similar problem?

Thanks,

Amir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SQL script calc view to call a graphical calc view. In the SQL script we are transforming long string with multiple values to single values.

We know that it's possible using SQL.

The problem is that we are facing performance issues when using graphical view with SQL script.

That's why we are looking for a solution that doesn't use SQL script.

Is it possible to use multiple values without using SQL script?

In addition, is it possible to call calc view with parameters (placeholders) without a select statement?

Best Regards,

Oshrit Kandleker.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Have a look on this one:

In the above one have used calculation view graphical instead of SQL and consumed multiple values via input parameters.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI 

Krishna ,

You are using logical expression to limit the data but in this way if there are analytical or calculation views that our cv needs to pass values to It won't pass them and this will result with performance issues.

Thanks,

Amir

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Not sure if i understood your statement correctly. But if you are saying if i use projection on top of a analytic view it will not filter properly at the bottom most level possible thereby leading to performance issue.

Have a look on the below screenshot where I see the filter was indeed applied at the Analytic level possible:

Also have a look on the discussion in this blog regarding how filter is working through projections:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna ,

In our scenario we have a CV with several CVs below it. The below CVs uses parameters and we use parameter mapping to map the main CV parameters to the below CVs parameters. In this scenario we couldn't find a way to pass multiple values to the below CVs.

Thanks,

Amir

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

May be I didnt understand your question properly. I don know why using an expression to pass multiple parameter is becoming a problem for you.

I understand you are using multiple CVs inside a CV and you are using parameter mapping. But if you use a projection in those CV's you should be able to send multiple values.

Would be great if you can direct me to exact issue while using projection in your case to send multiple values.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

Were you able to pass multi values to the calculation view with parameters (placeholders)? Does it work for graphical views used in Webi?

I am facing the same issue, not able to pass the multiple Input Parameters from Webi to the graphical view placeholder.

Regards,

Remya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

We have been strugeling with this issue for a long time. Since there is no way to pass parameters in CE functions there is no way to select data from graphical CV\AV that use parameters.Whenever we mixed up CE functions with regular SQL we experinced performance issues.

We suceeded to build it for CV\AV which doesnt use parameters. I dont have the code here so if it interest you i can send it on monday.

Thanks,

Amir

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have mixed use cases for graphical calling scripted calc views and vice versa. The note you mention does not explicitly mention to not mix these calculation view types. Instead, it is recommending not to enrich (join) calc views together in SQL statements and the instantiation process (OSS note 1764658) may give incorrect results.

In general, the calculation engine will process correctly as long as the logic is all built inside of it and you are not joining with SQL.

Regards,

Justin