cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order with Compl.deliv., Lead time and Shipping date problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, SAP gurus!

We have some concerns with sales orders that won't start processing, and I'm wondering if there's anyone here who have had experience with this problem.

If not, hopefully you understand this scenario.

Scenario:

* A salesorder with three lines, of which two lines are not in stock (itemcategory YBAB), one line in stock (itemcat TAN)

* Requested delivery date is asap, ie 19/03-2014

* Marked with Complete delivery

* In the Shipping tab, it seems all dates are copied from lead time of the YBAB-lines, 11/06-2014.

* We just received the two YBAB-lines on PO, but the date still shows 11/06-2014, almost a month from now.

Is it possible to make SAP automatically change the shipping date to the date we actually receive the items and are ready to process the order?

What we have now is a salesorder made 2 months ago, ready to be packed and shipped today, but SAP seems to hold on to the "expected" date a month from now. It's frustrating!

Hope to hear from you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vegard,

The sales orders can be updated with the latest events by running the availability check. Then the further outbound logistics can happen accordingly.

May be think of automating the availability check on a daily basis OR backorder processing / rescheduling process.

Please let me know for any specific clarification.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Sudhir and Raj.

When you say automating the availability check, is it possible to do so more frequent than on a daily basis?

How do one go about to automate this check? We have had a consultant to look at this problem, and he thought it was fixed, but it's not. 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I've been searching around a little, and I came across some discussions about PO-confirmations, and I'm worried if there's something wrong with our PO-routines.

Does anyone know the exact system procedure on schedule-lines for an Orders-on-hand article/PO?

* Create sales order

* Pur.req. created

* PO created

* PO received, GR created

* (?)

* (?)

* Sales order delivery created (delivery-creation is automated and processed every 1 hour)

What actually happens in SAP between a GR and the sales order delivery creation? 😕

Sorry if this is trivial or does not have anything to do with the topic, but I'm just wondering. Here's how the schedule lines looks like for the Orders-on-hand article. PO GR was 19.05.2014:

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Yes - background job can set for lower intervals of time like hourly as well. Pl. evaluate use of tr. code V_V02 in ERP.

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, for your query on effect on schedule line after GR has been:

No impact will be registered till a ATP check has been done again on sales order. When ATP check is done again, the system will find the availability improved since GR is posted and hence, will factor that now the schedule line be confirmed accordingly(the new confirmation would be different then from the screenshot you pasted above.

sudhir_gulati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will need to trigger a av. check again to factor the impact of receipt of YBAB items.

You could evaluate backorder processing to automate this as a daily run to work on the sales order relevant for re-ATP based on new availability situation.

Thanks,
Sudhir

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It would be nice of you share technical names of date fields which you are mentioning here. Delivery date requested delivery date etc have technical names. Please share that so that we can analyze and suggest some valuable solution,

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for not providing any technical names.

From the scenario, requested delivery date (KETDAT) shows ie. 19.03.2014.

In the Shipping-tab, every orderline shows, in this case, 11.06.2014 in:

* schedule line date for delivery group (GRETD)

* delivery date (RSETD)

* material staging/availability date (MBDAT)
* loading date (LDDAT)

We had to PO two lines, and goods receipt was posted/confirmed 5 days ago.