cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to edit the model object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i am getting the following error, when i am trying to edit the one model , which i have used before.

Error : The model is openend by (some user) . do u wanto open in read only mode.

Can u tell me how to solve this proplem. That user also my user id only. But i don´t when i have done the mistake. if leave the model with out closing , when i worked before , will this occur ?

can uany body tell me solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have also a look here:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Unlockingmodel">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Unlockingmodel</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Close all models, then go to Model -> Unlock Models there you can unlock all models that weren't properly closed.

This problem occurs when the browser window isn't closed right I think.

if you save before you close your browser you won't get this problem.

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I am new to the VC, As of now i have created only one Model. I closed the model properly, I have logged off from the vc also , but when i logged in back again to VC and trying to open that existing model it is giving that error.

Can u tell me how to solve this.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Does this happen even when you use Model -> Close model ?

If this is the case, are you sure there is nobody working on thesame account at thesame moment ?

Regards André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

It is giving the msg only, when i am trying to open that model. I am not able to make any changes in that model.

i am sure that, i have only only, in the message it is clearly givng the user id also my id only .

Error This model has been opened by VKM, would like to open it in read only mode?

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I know this error only when the model isn't properly closed, in this case the solution i gave in my first post should work. I really don't know why it happens every time even when you close it properly.

Are you sure you unlocked all models ??

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

can u tell me how to unlock the model ? i am not aware of how to unlock the model. i am new to VC .

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

there's a button on the main button list (near open model and close model, etc.) with a little lock as a symbol. Click on it, select the model and click "unlock".

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks a Lot.

Problem got solved.

Regards

Vijay