Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create GRN if GR-BSD IV not selected in PO

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue, where many PO have not been selected with GR-BSD IV due to which the GRN/ IV is not happening. We dont want to recreate new PO.

Is there anyway, we can post the GRN and IV?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nabij,

Are you talking about this Reference Field. Screen shot is attached below

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about the Reference Field as shown in the screen shots below.

I am attaching the screen shots one with GR-Based IV selected in PO and another without selecting GR Based IV in PO.

1. GR Based IV Selected in PO has Reference Code during MIRO posting.

2. GR based IV not selected during PO, hence MIRO doesnot contain Reference Code.

All PO documents which doesnt have GR Based IV selected during PO posting, due to which the MIRO cannot be posted since in MIRO we are not able to get the GRN number in the reference field.

We dont want to cancel old PO and recreate new ones since, all are released PO and GRN is also done. But they are stuck in MIRO.

Kindly suggest.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a standard behavior. As you haven't ticked the GR-BSD IV, so system is not taking GR document reference number.

And as you have also done GR for these old POs, so there are no option to tick the GR-BSD IV for PO line item.

Either you have to continue without GR document number in MIRO or you have to cancel the all GR and then set the option GR-BSD IV tick for line item, then perform GR again. Then you can do invoice with this GR reference document number.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reference doc will be updated only if the GR based IV is flagged in the PO. Otherwise, it will be blank. Its standard system behavior.

Refer the KBA: 1935411 - Reference Document Number filed (LFBNR) is not getting updated in table EKBE after GR. The systen design is well explained in the KBA.

Either you have to proceed with the old PO with the above design or proceed with new PO with GR based IV.

May I know whether you are facing any issue in MIRO if reference doc is not filled in MIRO.

Regards,

AKPT

Message was edited by: AKPT MM

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

I dont have access to ME22N/ME23N, MIGO. Based on PO number I am pulling the data in MIRO, where I need to see the GRN No. in Reference field and also, verify other details of GRN and then post MIRO.

If I dont see the details in MIRO how can I post the documents.

There are many PO lying pending due to this reason. Hence the problem. Kindly suggest me the easiest way without cancelling GRN if we can post MIRO.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, there is no way to pull the reference doc (GRN doc) to MIRO if the GR based IV flag is NOT maintained in the PO. The same is well explained in the KBA mentioned in my previous comment.

You may check the following options:

1. Post MIRO without reference document field - system will automatically propose the quantity pending for IR.

2. Post MIRO with respect to delivery note (if delivery note is mentioned in MIGO)

3. Cancel the GRN and proceed with new PO with GR based IV flag (which may not be feasible in your case)

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

I am really confused here. Kindly tell me a straight process, because you are trying to say something and I am understanding something else.

Please let me know the steps in MIRO, how to post MIRO without entering Material Document as Reference Number as per my scenario.

Please suggest.

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nabin,

As mentioned by SAP Note, In Standard it can't be updated until and unless "if GR-based IV indicator is set on in the item of purchasing document(field EKBE-LFBNR), e.g. PO or SA"

So you have only one option left which is more feasible to the best of my knowledge i.e. Post MIRO without reference Field, upon which system will automatically propose the quantity pending for IR.

if you are going for other option than you will create mess by canceling GRN and again doing GR by ticking the indicator. i will not suggest.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnot understand this method, how to create MIRO without any reference.

Can you explain with some screen shots?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, there are two option you have :

1. Post the MIRO without reference number (no problem with that in standard SAP system)

2. If you want to update the reference number, then you have to post the IR with regards to GR. That means you have to tick the GR-Bsd IV in the PO line item.

In your case, you haven't tick the option, so system will never set the relation between GR and IR.

Although, you haven't tick the option, still during IR, system will propose the GR quantity and value to be invoiced.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, the 1st point we can create MIRO without reference number. I want to know what are selection parameters for that. If you can show me the screen shot will be appreciated. I tried doing this in MIRO without entering the PO reference number, but unable to find what should be entered if not Reference Number.

The last  two lines:

Dev patra @Although, you haven't tick the option, still during IR, system will propose the GR quantity and value to be invoiced.

I assume these lines are referring to your 1st point. Please clarify.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not saying about the PO reference number. I was saying about the Material document number.

Without giving any reference you can't enter the invoice.

You can't find the reference document number (as you shown in screen shot), if your PO has the GR-Bsd IV untick.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever the GRBased IV is checked , system will poist the Invoice for those items which have been made with GR for that quantity .However , if the PO is not checked , still you can have the MIRO for those lines which have been made with GR .

However maintain the Delivery note number / Bill of Ladding number while making the MIGO and use the same as referrence in the MIRO screen and check so that you can have a GRBased IV effect for the PO during the Invoice.

Regards,

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you suggested, I tried with Delivery Note assigned, however, still the reference field is empty. Please check the screen shot.

Please check the GRN for the said PO.

Please suggest.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is while posting the MIRO, the reference number is not coming in the document. Hence I am unable to post the IV (MIRO)

Now how do I post?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share what reference number you are expecting in MIRO.

In standard, you can raise MIRO - Invoice with respect to PO. Already delivered quantity will be pulled by default. You can check the amount and post the document.

Please share if you are getting any error in MIRO or what exactly you are facing in MIRO - with screenshot if possible.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

The refernce number is the GRN no. and no details from MIGO is popping up in the MIRO refering to the PO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

of course it does not pop-up as you have no GRbasedIV. Still it is possible to post an invoice, and you can enter this number manually if you found a receipt in your system.

The advantage of having POs without GRbasedIV indicator is to post an invoice even without having a GR.

You already know that the users have done something wrong, and you are not willing to cancel PO, hence you have to do more manually MIRO. If MIRO would just work without any difference if your PO is with or without GRbasedIV, then why would we need this indicator?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will copy the GR quantity and the amount automatically in MIRO. It wont copy the GR number to MIRO. If you want, you may use the delivery note as the reference doc in MIRO.

Regards,

AKPT

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want to change those POs, then you have to continue with an automatic 2way match until all new POs are created with GRbasedIV indicator.

You still can do the quantity check manually by going into the PO history to see what was posted as goods receipt.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

During Invoice Verification, we are not able to check the goods quantity received during MIRO.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to understand what happened if you tick the GR-BSD IV in purchase order.

See If you tick the GR-BSD IV in PO, then you can only do invoice against the goods receipt.

If you don't tick, then system will allow you to do invoice in MIRO without goods receipt.

Read more about the tick, go to ME23N, select the option and press F1.

Now can you clarify your question what you are not able to see during MIRO ?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the GR based IV is not flagged, there is no link between GR and IR as explained in the KBA: 1935411 - Reference Document Number filed (LFBNR) is not getting updated in table EKBE after GR.

If you want to control excess MIRO, you may use the message M8081 as error message in OMRM and the tolerance limit in OMR6.

Regards,

AKPT

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The GR based IV indicator doesnt restrict GRN. It will restrict IR if the GRN is not done.

Could you share what issue / message you are facing while doing GRN / IR for the PO without GR based IV flag.

Regards,'

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can well post GR and IR, if GR-BSD IV in not ticked in Purchase Order.

What is the problem when you are trying to do GR or IR for these purchase order ?