cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client role set to Test or Production. KEU2 behavior change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I set our client role to 'Test' in our QAS, the finance users complained that they were not able to change assessment (KEU2) cycles.They are getting error message 'Client set to non modifiable'. And when I reset the client role ( via SCC4) to 'Production', they were able to do it. Other settings I have are

No changes allowed

No changes to Repositoryand cross-client customizing objects

Protection levle 1 No overwriting

eCATT allowed.

The behavior changes only when toggle between client role to 'Test', and 'Prodcution'. Does anyone have an idea? Do the users changing assesment cycles( KEU2) is normal in QA or they have to transport from DEV? Any help I would appreciate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied note 326080, and resolved the issue with the particular transaction KEU2. But there is another transaction CX16 poped up with same issue. In CX16 when we try to save a GL account entry the message client not modifiable pops up. I had my friends in at least 3 other companies perform this action while the QAS client is set to 'Test', and they were able to do successfully both KEU2 and CX16 transactions, which means is there a configuration in FI need to be addressed? There is another transaction OOSB also behaving similar fashion.

In our environment we have another test system, and that client is set to 'Production', but the user still cannot perform CX16 in that system. Is that implicates that the client role setting is immaterial?

Other OSS notes 356483, 306668 etc suggest to de-activate the transport connection to that particular table/view, which is not desirable. If we implement those notes we cannot transport these objects to production. So right now the issue is not resolved yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sam

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP says to deactivate transport connection makes sense. If you are making something directly modifiable in all systems, why you want a transport to be created for that. As that data is never going to be transported since it can be maintained in all systems.

Skip that step and then users will have to keep on creating transport requests for all data entered. Which is not required.

Ask your users, will they do transport and that also from test system, if they want to transport something it will happen from development system as they can always create transport from there

Thanks

Imtiaz

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer note

356483 Customising: Current settings -Test System

77430 Customising: Current settings – production system

Thanks

Imtiaz

Former Member