cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD agent showing offline in Agent Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While doing Managed System Configuration for PI system in Solman through solman_setup I found that SMD agent of PI system is showing offline in agent admin.I checked that SMD in PI server is up and running and in SMDSystem.n.log file i found error message.

May 19, 2014 9:21:59 AM [Thread[Connector,5,main]                     ] Warning    Connecting to SMD server p4://<solman_FQDN>:50004 failed - error counter: 1977 - com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.DestinationException: Cannot establish connection with any of the available instances:

<solman_FQDN>:50004 Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Cannot open connection on host: <solman_IP> and port: 50004]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked for P4 port through url (http://<solman_hostname>:8101/msgserver/text/logon ) I got this page which conclude that P4 port is functioning in solman.

version 1.0

J2EE4464400

P4 <solman_FQDN> 50004 LB=1

P4S <solman_FQDN> 50006 LB=1

P4HTTP <solman_FQDN> 50005 LB=1

JC_<Host_Name>_<SID>_NN

SDM <solman_FQDN> 50018

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please find below the result of Telnet from PI system to solman

telnet <solman_FQDN>  50004

Trying...

Connected to <solman>.

Escape character is '^]'.

Connection closed.

Please Suggest.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tanmeya_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Check the below things.

1. checked the host name entry of solman in PI hosts file.

3. Restart the java stack of solman.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi