SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main & Sub for Security deposits migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it mandatory to have a separate main&sub defined for security deposit migration? Would the Emigall object for sec deposit and security payment validate the GL accounts passed through migration with the accounts maintained in configuration?

If there is no validation of GL accounts while migration, are there any other downstream impacts of not maintaing separate main&sub (like release of sec deposits during final bill, interest calculation, etc?

Please advise.

Regards,

Santosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Not sure I understood your question, because for all security related stuff the HVORG / TVORG doesn't need to be populated in EMIGALL and follows the same values as internal creation.

When migrating Cash Security Deposit (SECURITY) the Main and Sub transaction codes are defaulted by SAP (0020/0020). For the payment (PAYMENT) against the FICA document for the SECURITY will end as 0020/0010, again this is "out of the box" so it's not required to populate those fields in EMIGALL.

As I mentioned in another post:

The object Cash Security Deposit Payments (INTCASHDEP) is not using HVORG/TVORG input values - you can leave the fields on SAP default processing type "1 - Initial" in EMIGALL. They are determined internally (event 1310) and I would expect it to end up as 0025 / 0010.

Yep

Jürgen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Not sure I understood your question, because for all security related stuff the HVORG / TVORG doesn't need to be populated in EMIGALL and follows the same values as internal creation.

When migrating Cash Security Deposit (SECURITY) the Main and Sub transaction codes are defaulted by SAP (0020/0020). For the payment (PAYMENT) against the FICA document for the SECURITY will end as 0020/0010, again this is "out of the box" so it's not required to populate those fields in EMIGALL.

As I mentioned in another post:

The object Cash Security Deposit Payments (INTCASHDEP) is not using HVORG/TVORG input values - you can leave the fields on SAP default processing type "1 - Initial" in EMIGALL. They are determined internally (event 1310) and I would expect it to end up as 0025 / 0010.

Yep

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen. I just need a confirmation on that. I saw other SDN note which talks about migrating securities using separate main&sub, so want to confirm if we were following the standard process or not.

Also, we are migrating the security deposit interests posted in legacy system. After migration, we are planning to have the cutover date as the interest calculation start date in SAP. Please confirm if our approach is correct.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Yes, it is correct.

Please keep in mind INTCASHDEP is linked to the PAYMENT and not to the SECURITY object. See also http://scn.sap.com/thread/3544197

Yep

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen.