cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing Disaggregation

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have a situation where a key figure, Override, is entered for future time buckets. The disaggregate is set to I (initial based on KF, else pro rata), based of the statistical forecast key figure. The next month, proportional factors are recalculated before the generation of the statistical forecast.

The issue is that the override key figure was disaggregated based on last months proportional factors. I am looking for a way to keep the same value in override but have the disaggregate reset.

I tried writing a macro that uses the following steps:

1. Copies the KF to an aux KF

2. Enters zero into the KF (to try and reset so that the disaggregate is back to initial)

3. Copy the aux KF to KF

Doing this with the macro is not resetting the KF to use initial for the disaggregate. If there is a way to have the enter key pressed in the macro, I think this would help.

If there is another option, I would greatly appreciate it.

-Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

confirm the following

what level are you copying the the Kf to Aux KF.What level are you copying back

(it has to be at a aggregated level).

How does the auxillary KF look when disaggregated. Does it have a disaggregation set?

I would say try this with a RTScopy from KF to a spare KF or the same Kf in a different version keeping in mind the aggregate levels, zero the KF and copy back

If you are in SCM 5.0 there is a macro setting for re disaggregation

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am working in version 4.0.

I am copying the KF to aux KF at the aggregated level, Product. Which disaggregates to product customer group.

I can do it with the rstcopy, but I am trying to make this a one step process that a user can execute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

I think though it zeros out the KF detials on the interactive planning book it is still "remembering" it

Can you ( for the sake of testing ) break this macro into two and check?

The first one to copy and zero out

The second to copy back

If it works (it worked for me:) you need to device some means of commiting the zero before running the last step

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did break up the macro and the system does 'remember' the dissaggregation.

Do you know of some way in a macro of 'pressing the enter key' to commit to the zeros?

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try putting in the zero out macro as a separate job.

Please note zero out (macro to put zero in keyfigure) can be executed at the most aggregate level both in terms of characteristic and time bucket.

Only if the macro computation is a separate activity the data actually gets written to the keyfigure and that way it will not "remember" the earlier disaggregation.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Try this please

Break up the macro again

Set up a collective macro with the three (or how many every steps) macros in it and execute the collective macro

just for my information... are you doing any drill down and drill up in between by any chance?

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Using a collective macro does not confirm the zeros that are entered.

I am not drilling up or down.

william_getz
Explorer
0 Kudos

I seem to have found a solution.

First I am using an aux KF created in the planning book, not in the macro.

Next, I split up the macro into multiple steps executed in a collective macro.

Last, I added a drill down and drill up (internal) after I zero the KF and before I recopy the values. This seems to cause the system to accept the changes and reset the dissaggregation to initial.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

cool ...thats nice..

the reason for asking about the drill down was to ask you to try that next :)but you anyhow got there

sometimes a step to subtract a miniscule amount and another to offset it by adding back the same amount also helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Probably i am having the same req. Can you explain me how you achieved this?

Thanks

Answers (0)