cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down Copy Personas

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 drop down box in the first screen. I have manually given the drop down values. When i select values for the 2 drop down, I am not able to see the steps recorded in the script. So i am not able to do the copy & past value.

If i make it as normal text boxes, i am able to get the steps recorded & do  the copy, past from first to second screen respectively. Can anyone share light on how to do the same with drop down list?

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always build the copy and paste script on the text field first, then convert the text field to a drop-down afterwards.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I have build the copy & paste script using text field & it works perfect. As soon as i make one of the text field as drop-down, the script fails for that field & doesn't copy as well paste.

I got 8 field in screen 1 as text field. Making one of the field as drop-down throws the error "Step 15 of the executed script failed! Reason: failed to set value".

Whereas, when all the eight fields are text box, script works perfect.

Also i am not able to see the description of the drown-down.Only the code of drop-down are shown.

Please help....

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's how I would build it. This is all done on the same screen for ease of demo. I have implemented similar scenarios but navigating to another screen before pasting, and there's no difference. In this video I start with a blank screen, add two text fields and a script button to copy the value from one to the other. Then I convert the first field to a dropdown and add a couple of values, before checking that the copy still works.

Is this what you did? If not, what have you done differently?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For displaying both value and key in a custom dropdown, you need to look at the field's properties. Like this:

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Mistake was from my end. I have done the drop-down. But in place of "Label", i gave the "Value" text & in place of "Value" i gave the "Label" text.Now i changed the text respectively & it works perfect.

Thank you for your valuable time

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Answers (0)