cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup SAP VEG configuration ID/workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anyone give me hints that how to configure a workflow in SAP VEG so that the CATIA file can be retrieved from SAP DM and then converted to other file format(such as JT), and restore the JT file into SAP DMS?

is there any step by step guide on this?

thanks

Willian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

First of all have you all your configurations in place and can you do a basic conversion to say a .rh file from catia and store it in the DMS.  Are all steps in the installation and administration guide completed and a kpro connection made to your DMS/Content Server.  Can your VEG system communicate with your ERP system.

let me know if this is the case, if so then you should be able to create derrivative of type jt and store it in the DMS through the standard DMS workflow you would have setup during installation and configuration.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fergal,

Yes, I have configure the convert 3D CAD in DMS and this works properly and the CAT 3D part can be converted into rh and stored in content server.

So how do I  "create the derivaiate of type jt"?

thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

In SAP Visual Enterprise Generator Administrator - under server configuration you will need to create a derivative type (say JT - Derivatives - and in the default process select JT - DMS and class = 3d).

Then create a derivative group (unique name) and assign the derivative type above to it.

Next go to your workflow 3D CAD in DMS and select the last tab in the settings tab select your newly created derrivative.

An alternative to this is you could edit  the derrivative group you have assigned to the workflow 3D CAD DMS and add derivative type JT (under tab derivatives).  For me the default was 3D Standard and i added JT to the list of derivatives.

Now try do a conversion, you should get a stored output of JT.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fergal,

in the standard workflow Convert 3D CAD, their is a rh file plus jpg gif additional files type will be generated,

how could I configure to make the JPG and GIF file not be generated, because I only need rh file format.

thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

These files are required by the system and if we take them out we could break the erp system.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fergal,

as default, the derivative group under the workflow(convert 3d cad) was "3D standard",  in this case, I got not only gif/jpeg, but also the 2D pdf/3D pdf/vds file.

I chose to select nothing in the setting tab before, and then the 2D pdf/3D pdf/vds was no logner been generated,  but the gif/jpg file still been genereted.

I guess the gif/jpg workflow might be included in the process "DMS asset- build 3D" , right?

thanks

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

These files are required by the system and if we take them out we could break the erp/dms system.

Kind Regards

Fergal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

got it, thanks Fergal.

br

William

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,