cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Logon iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working with SAP Netweaver Portal 7.4 SP04.  We have customized the logon page, we were able to achieve the custom look and feel.

For the aliases /irj/portal and /nwa, the custom logon page got reflected.

For the anonymous page, we have created an url iView (URL example: /customeralias/customanonymous.jsp) and embedded. Look and feel everything looks fine.  But when we hit the Logon button we are getting the attached error.

Kindly help us in this regard to resolve this error.

Regards,

Venkatesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh.

When you created the alias not under /portal have you follow this note:

1758172 - Portal Alias that don't start with "portal/"

Regards,

Naama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naama,

Thanks for your response.  I am unable to understand why should I have to add the servlet-mapping in my web.xml.  For the normal login page customization which is working, I haven't added any such tags in the web.xml.  Please clarify in detail.

Regards,

Venkatesh K

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

If you will not add this servlet mapping than the engine doesn't know which servlet to run.

I don't know it working for you in "normal login", is this scenario also using alias which is not under portal?

Regards,

Naama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naama,

Thanks for your response.Yes I am using the same alias means the application context root which is configured in the NWA. For more clear information, please refer the on Point no. #8.

Regards,

Venkatesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any response/help would highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Venkatesh K

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh K,

Please refer the help link for anonymous logon to portal:

Using Anonymous Logon to Access the Portal - Configuring the Portal for Initial Use - SAP Library

Thanks,
Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am still having an issue while showing the error messages for the custom logon iView in 7.4.

I tried the following approaches to create the Anonymous Logon iView:

Method 1:

• Created Anonymous iView (Used PAR Migration Tool -  7.0 Par to WAR).
  • Added the iView to anonymous page.
  • When we give wrong credentials, it is not showing any authentication error message. It is simply redirecting to the logon page from the anonymous page

Method 2:

• Created URL iView based on the custom anonymous JSP page.
  • Added the iView to anonymous page.
  • When we give wrong credentials, it is not showing any authentication error message. It is simply redirecting to the logon page from the anonymous page

Please help me in this regard.  Thanks..

Regards,

Venkatesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Hope you are doing good.

What is the message that you are getting when you provide wrong uid / pwd. ?

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

After giving the wrong user credentials, it's taking us to the same url (http://host:port/applicationcontextroot/j_security_check).

Regards,

Venkatesh K

0 Kudos

You need to post user and password to j_security_check logon servlet in order to achieve a new logon session in the environment.

It has two form attributes you need to populate: j_username and j_password.

Have you checked this?

0 Kudos

The correct url to post is http://host:port/j_security_check).

You don't use application context on j_security_check servlet. Use redirectUrl parameter if you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your response.  At present, we have created Logon iView based on 7.0 PAR file after migrated using the standard tool.  I will update you once I try your suggestion.

Regards,

Venkatesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

From 7.3 onwards logon page code has changed... make the changes to the new logon page war file.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any response/help would highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Venkatesh K