cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 4.5 to 5.0 - vignette collaboration incorrectly flagged as still running

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following the upgrade documentation I have reached the point where Uperform is upgrading a dozen components. The first one fails at the point where it checks whether Vignette Collaboration is running, and issues a message saying "the installer has detected a running instance of Vignette Collaboration.  Please terminate the running instance before proceeding".

However the Vignette Collaboration service has defintiely been stopped.  What else would be causing this message?  I cannot proceed further with the upgrade. I even tried uninstalling the service but it made no difference.

Would appreciate any pointers to what may be causing this problem.

thanks in advance,

Andrew Davis

Enterprise Portal manager, Dept Human Services, Australia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You could try stopping the following:

- Common Apache Solr-solr

- Vignette Collaboration

- RWD uPerform Monitoring Service

What step in the Administration manual are you attempting to complete?

Is there is a collab.lock or collab.props.lock file in the Collaboration directory.

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathew,

Thanks for your response.

You asked what point of the upgrade does this occur.  It is at page 115 in the section "Upgrading the ANCILE uPerform Software (uperform 4.3 and later versions)". We are upgrading from version 4.5.

I have stopped those services.

The solr-solr service has been installed as per the instructions.  The vignette collaboration service has been stopped.  As noted in my original question, the vignette collaboration service was not only stopped but uninstalled and the server was restarted.  

There is a file collab.props.lock in the Collaboration directory.  Its size is 0 bytes.

This is a windows 2003 server - due for upgrade, I know. That's another project.

Andrew