cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ILM configuration with only ABAP Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have configured basic steps of ILM thru which we are able to see ILM in transaction code SARA.

we would like to use Open text as archive storage solution. however, we are unable to figure out how to configure the same. Documents talk about XML DAS but my understanding is we should have Java stack for this....

please note that we have only ABAP stack in our ECC system and there is no AS JAVA.

earlier, we used to configure contain repository in transaction code OAC0 and thru this we used to access Opentext server.

thanks for your support.

regards,

Lemeax

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Lemeax,

I am currently in the process of implementing SAP ILM with Open Text WebDAV for ILM storage.  I suggest you open a ticket with Open Text support (or SAP depending on who you purchased Open Text from) as installing it and configuring it was quite complex.  And way too complicated to be able to explain it in this forum.  It is a lot more involved than a regular content repository in the archive server.  There is content server and records management parts that need to be configured.

One thing to start with is to make sure the WebDAV component/module is installed and configured.  You can use the Open Text WebDAV Installation and Administration Guide to help get the process started.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

ketxorange7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karin, I have a question regarding the ILM storage. Is it a must that the storage is "ILM-aware storage", as specified by SAP? or it can be any storage device that supports WebDAV compononent/module? I am also in the mist of doing a research to understand more about configuring ILM but right now I am unclear on the storage requirements.

And another thing is, can I know why you choose to use/purchase OpenText for this? Any significant difference or advantage in using OpenText/3rd party components for ILM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakir,

The storage solution you pick for ILM must be SAP ILM certified.  You can find the different partner solutions here.  Then look under SAP-Defined Integration Scenarios, search for BC-ILM 3.0.

We chose Open Text as we are using the OT solutions across our enterprise, not just for SAP ILM.  The SAP ILM Solution with Open Text is working really well so far - my go-live is next month.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karin,

i am looking forward to use ILM too. We also have an OpenText solution for archiving documents. So the idea is to use OT also for ILM. As you described the installation of the WebDAV service in the Content Server was quite complicated and customzing of record management was necessary.

So could you please answer two questions:

Is it correct that it is the record management in the Content Server, not SAP Record Management?

Will you use the same OT Archive Server used for archiving via SAP ArchiveLink (for example ADK-old fashioned)?

Kind regards

Hajo Welsing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hajo,

Please see below for my answers to your questions:

Is it correct that it is the record management in the Content Server, not SAP Record Management? - yes, I was referring to Open Text Content Server.

Will you use the same OT Archive Server used for archiving via SAP ArchiveLink (for example ADK-old fashioned)? - yes, we are using the same Open Text Archive Server for ILM and for SAP ArchiveLink images plus the Open Text Content Server for images to be viewed outside of SAP.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lemeax,

starting with ECC 6.00 EHP 6 ( Netweaver 7.31) you can use the SRS (ABAP) implementation for the WebDAV protocol. For the first deliveries of ILM ECC 6.00 EHP 4+5 you need to install a Java Stack to to use the XML DAS implementation.

For the Storage you have to select a certified solution. SAP offers OpentText as well Sybase IQ.

I hope that helps

Stefan Netzer