cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Principles for define which inspection business could be managed in SAP QM module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

As a newer in QM, I just know "Inpsection Lot Origin" has predefine eighteen standard inspectino situation which QM could hold.

But in current project, I notice that there are more situations that SAP not predefined, such as inspection for the water, which  was a big part of laboratory work, dealed as energy just like natural gas and electricty without material code.

So my question is not about technical like how to fit some special business, is more about the priciple define the ERP project QM module's scope.

Could any experts give a hand? Any self-mind would be helpful.

Or any advice about how to deal with the water inspction, which without material code, also could be very helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221124
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, just have a look in your scenario again.I think it should be done by PM module although not necessarily every time.But this is not a rare scenario also.You may inspect the container/drum containing water inside.So please provide some detail of the inspection process.

Regards

D Mohanty

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need material code (the very basic thing) for any item to be mapped into SAP, leave QM aside. Without material code, how would you create or extend different views, how would define the item in the SAP?

Besides, for the inspection of water (considering it has a material code), you would use an inspection type based on the process. What kind of inspection is it? Is it triggered on the basis of some event? Or you simply need to have an inspection lot to records the inspection results for water analysis.

If it is just about the feeding the lab analysis report into the SAP, Inspection lot with origin 89 is there. Use it.

ntn