cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Could not start the application; the parallel configuration is incorrect. See the event log of the application or use sxsrace.exe tool command line for more details."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have that error when I execute Web Intelligence or Universe Designer in BO 4.1, I have Windows 7 Professional SP1:

"Could not start the application; the parallel configuration is incorrect. See the event log of the application or use sxsrace.exe tool command line for more details."

I updated Visual 2005 but It cannot resolve that problem. I apreciate if you give me some help.

Thanks,

Sara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

The installer doesn't seem to flag all the necessary pre-requisites, missing hotfix updates to windows distributables. The missing piece can be found here: "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update x86 and x64 exe...".

This problem gives various symptoms, better described by the follow knowledge-base articles:

In brief, the solution is to rollback the update; add in these missing 3rd party components, then reinstall the upgrade again. After this the environment is recovered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sneha! that´s resolve my problem!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

usually this is pretty straight forward. Try the following:

1. Disable Anti- Virus

2. Run the "setup.exe" with "Run as Administrator"

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just try it, but that could not resolve.. some ideas? people who happened that?